Nokia 635 blank Windows screen after password screen, is there a fix I can do?

• Thread starter Windows Central Question
  • Start date
W

Windows Central Question

Nokia 635 blank Windows screen after password screen

Switching on the phone I see the symbols at the top including battery which is around 80%. I see my screensaver with time and date. I swipe up to enter my password but after the password screen I just get a blank screen - no Windows tiles visible. I can see the symbols at the top including notifications but touching that or swiping have no effect. I can touch the symbols at the bottom (arrow, Microsoft, search), they buzz but nothing happens, the screen is still blank.

I've tried removing the battery. I've also tried a soft reset (vol down + power). The phone starts, I go through the password screen but the next screen is still blank.

Is there anything else I can try before returning the phone to the supplier for fix / replacement? Thank you.

charlatan1978

Dec 23, 2013
Visit site
Re: Nokia 635 blank Windows screen after password screen

Your next step would be to try reloading the OS/firmware using the 'Windows Device Recovery Tool'.
Be advised that this wipes the data from the phone.

Chintan Gohel

May 23, 2014
Visit site
Re: Nokia 635 blank Windows screen after password screen

Switching on the phone I see the symbols at the top including battery which is around 80%. I see my screensaver with time and date. I swipe up to enter my password but after the password screen I just get a blank screen - no Windows tiles visible. I can see the symbols at the top including notifications but touching that or swiping have no effect. I can touch the symbols at the bottom (arrow, Microsoft, search), they buzz but nothing happens, the screen is still blank.

I've tried removing the battery. I've also tried a soft reset (vol down + power). The phone starts, I go through the password screen but the next screen is still blank.

Is there anything else I can try before returning the phone to the supplier for fix / replacement? Thank you.

Do you have a pc? If yes, can you try this: use project my screen app while your phone is connected and see if anything is displayed on the app on pc

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb