How do I prevent screen from turning on during notification?

shikhanshu

Apr 12, 2016
Visit site
How to prevent screen from turning on during notification

I have turned on all three "notifications" options:
> Show notifications in action center when my phone is locked (I do want to see notification icons up in the status bar)
> Show notifications on the lock screen (yeah that will be good)
> Show alarms and reminders on lock screen (why not)

But when I am not using my phone (screen off) and I receive a notification from an app (say Outlook, WhatsApp etc.), the screen wakes up for the duration of timeout. I don't want it to wake up at that time. Just make a sound and/or vibrate and keep the screen off. I will wake the phone up when I want to.

How to do this?

shmsnh

Sep 27, 2013
Visit site
Re: How to prevent screen from turning on during notification

Turn off 'show notifications on the lock screen.' That should work. I haven't tried it out myself, so no promises.

broar94

Apr 10, 2013
Visit site
Re: How to prevent screen from turning on during notification

I think every notification action will result in screen turning on on WP. I believe one can use Quiet Hours(needs Cortana to be on as well) to quieten the phone But I haven't used the phone this way to be honest :)

edit: just turned off notifications for whatsapp/outlook from notification setting but I can see the view count(coz it's added in lock screen setting) :) . Let me know if this works!

shikhanshu

Apr 12, 2016
Visit site
Still see the screen turn on when I turn off "show on lockscreen".

I was experience massive battery drain (top consumers Display, System) on WP10 fast ring latest build (14295). I have gone back to 8.1 for now. And will be sticking to my OnePlus One (android) as the daily driver.

broar94

Apr 10, 2013
Visit site
Still see the screen turn on when I turn off "show on lockscreen".

I was experience massive battery drain (top consumers Display, System) on WP10 fast ring latest build (14295). I have gone back to 8.1 for now. And will be sticking to my OnePlus One (android) as the daily driver.

really? I turned off notifications for whatsapp but can still counts on my lock screen as whatsapp is added to show up in lock screen. This would not turn up the screen.

shmsnh

Sep 27, 2013
Visit site
I tried out what I had asked you to do. Screen didn't turn on. I believe that is what you wanted. Not sure why it didn't work for you.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
velocityxs