My 128gb sd card has become write protected

seventeenapg

Oct 19, 2013
Visit site
I downloaded a new music album to my Surface and connected my L950 via usb and couldn't copy over the files. I took the card out and put in sd slot on rear of surface and tried again and got message that disk was write protected. I then shot a small video but it crashed the app whilst trying to play it. I removed the card from the phone and tried to save another video, this time to the phones own memory and it worked perfectly. How do I unprotect this sd card?

ashram

Jan 30, 2013
Visit site
1st thing 1st....

what brand SD card and WHERE did you buy it?

32,64 and 128GB cards are commonly faked, sold cheap, and exhibit issues similar to yours....

camaroz1985

Sep 29, 2011
Visit site
I have had that issue with 2 SanDisk 64GB cards in the past. I could not find a solution other than to go to their site and start a warranty claim. I bought mine on Amazon so it was easy to provide the necessary information. Took about 2 weeks and I had my replacement cards. I copied all of my files from the old card to the new and haven't had any issues since.

seventeenapg

Oct 19, 2013
Visit site
Its a Lexar 633X and it worked fine until I got the latest redstone build. I have used it in the phone since January and it worked fine. Last night I put in a 64 GB Sadisk card that I used previously and it is now write protectd as well. Lexar are going to replace under warranty because they believe the problem is within the card but it seems strange that now the Sandisk has gone same way. Going to go back to 10586 build; this is just a step too far if it is re that causing the issue.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss