Battery Improvement .218 ?

Checkoff

Jun 21, 2015
Visit site
Hey there, im planning to buy a new 950 (single sim), because my 830 Display is broken now, and i dont want to spend money fixing that old phone ;)

So can you guys say if .218 and latest firmware improved battery life for the 950? I will disable skype, backup and synching of apps/settings/etc., so if you have the same settings please tell me if anything changed regarding battery life after the last update.

Thank you!

Chintan Gohel

May 23, 2014
Visit site
Hey there, im planning to buy a new 950 (single sim), because my 830 Display is broken now, and i dont want to spend money fixing that old phone ;)

So can you guys say if .218 and latest firmware improved battery life for the 950? I will disable skype, backup and synching of apps/settings/etc., so if you have the same settings please tell me if anything changed regarding battery life after the last update.

Thank you!
It's a bit early to say right now, maybe in the next couple of days

TheChazas

Dec 21, 2015
Visit site
Absolutely, with the latest firmware which is 01078.00038.16082.360xx and even .164 Battery is really great, and now .218 is even better instantly after fresh install. Fully updated L950 with some settings tweaking battery is not a problem at all.

Paul1266

Oct 29, 2014
Visit site
Overnight drain on my 950xl was 1% (1030pm to 600am on good signal). That could be just a coincidence but previously it has ranged 3-6% on the last build. Not scientific I know and I will monitor over the coming days.

Checkoff

Jun 21, 2015
Visit site
Overnight drain on my 950xl was 1% (1030pm to 600am on good signal). That could be just a coincidence but previously it has ranged 3-6% on the last build. Not scientific I know and I will monitor over the coming days.

Ah! But a good sign so far :) Please tell us tomorrow how it was the next night... thanks

BrianCoe

Aug 21, 2014
Visit site
I'm having the opposite problem with my AT&T 950. Since the 218 update, my phone is draining like mad. It dropped 10% in 20 minutes this morning while checking email. I've got it on my Qi charger here in the office, and in 2 hours it went from 68% to 50% while charging.

I've checked the background apps and nothing is running that wasn't before, I even turned a few off I'd missed the last time I checked. Anyone got a suggestion on how to fix this?

smartass1379

Apr 13, 2011
Visit site
ITs way too soon to say! Honestly I can show you my phone is currently getting about 6-7 hours per full charge. That is my experience and does not say that you are not getting 20+ hours or whatever. But I would give it more time :)

smartass1379

Apr 13, 2011
Visit site
The build itself is AMAZING. I mean other than having to reset because there was an update error and my texts were not synced. the phone is running great and I would say it feels as smooth as windows phone 8.1 for now my battery life has not improved but I do have a charger everywhere now. Hope this helps :)

Chintan Gohel

May 23, 2014
Visit site
In my case battery drain is there, whether I'm using the phone or not. 1% for every 4 minutes of music playback, 1% for every minute of whatsapp or browsing, 1% for every hour of none use

Felipeicd

Mar 21, 2014
Visit site
Originally posted by Checkoff

Thank you!
in my case with the update (.218) the battery last way longer when the phone is resting, last night I lost 3% battery on something like 7 hours, but for some reason the battery life is shorter than the previous update (.164) when I'm using the phone I can loose 20% battery in no time using twitter or even more of I'm using edge

Dave Scarpa

Feb 21, 2014
Visit site
I'm having the opposite problem with my AT&T 950. Since the 218 update, my phone is draining like mad. It dropped 10% in 20 minutes this morning while checking email. I've got it on my Qi charger here in the office, and in 2 hours it went from 68% to 50% while charging.

I've checked the background apps and nothing is running that wasn't before, I even turned a few off I'd missed the last time I checked. Anyone got a suggestion on how to fix this?

Mine too and thats when the phone is in airplane mode, i've turned off notifications on nearly everything, and its running really hot

ACF1

Jun 18, 2014
Visit site
I can report that after several fresh install resets, a letting it set for a few days, battery seems worse, sometimes really really bad. I was happy with .164 battery, lasting over a day with moderate usage. But after .218 it is getting frustrating, it drains like crazy. I suspect it has to do with Edge browser, and i have page prediction off.

US Lumia 950 Dual Sim on ATT.

I notice the networking icon always has the arrow.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb