Date and time was not correct so Messaging did not work

Bob Hanson

Nov 27, 2015
Visit site
I now have 4 640s (AT&T gophones) that were all flashed to Tmo ROM. The last one was purchased for my wife to replace her 920. She was not completely ready to swap so I did everything to set up the phone short of putting the SIM in. As part of that setup I had set the Date and time manually and turned off the "Set date and time automatically" setting.

When I finally did put the SIM in I had forgotten about the Date and time setting. The end result is that my wife could send SMS but she was not receiving them properly and she could not send/receive MMS at all. She mentioned her time was not correct but I ignored that at first and wasted time with APN settings which I had not had to touch for any of the other phones. Realizing that it did not make sense that I would have to modify just one out of four phones I remove the APN changes and then I fixed the time problem (changed back to auto). Messaging began working.

Just mentioning this because I find this to be a strange bug. The phone is still 8.1.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
velocityxs