Redstone Bugs, It cleans the soul...

peashooter14

Dec 2, 2015
Visit site
Ok, for therapeutic purposes lets keep a list of redstone bugs we are seeing....

1. SMS notification stop working no sound, requires reboot
2. SMS stops working all together, requires reboot
3. over 50% of the time I reboot, the SD card throws errors and my apps don't show on the home screen
4. Many times the power button doesn't wake the phone
5. When in Edge and going back to start page it lags, HOW IS EDGE TIED INTO THE CORE OS!!!
6. Reminder can get stuck in an infinite popup loop upon snoozing or dismissing
7. Calendar GPF's many times upon opening it
8. Band and Cortana are flaky, and 90% of the time voice dictation into the band fails to find the phone
9. Pinned contacts mysteriously disappear and I have to re-pin them
10. Navigation app kills the battery big time
11. Start screen listed as top 2 battery drain in the battery saver listing
12. Lock screen listed as top 3 in battery drain in the battery saver listing
13. Cortana takes 2-3 seconds to listen for voice when clicking on microphone icon
14. SMS texts have a lag between typing, clicking on the send button, and sending the text..hangs for 2-3 seconds
15. Incoming calls no longer say who they are from via name recognition and sound...ala...you have a call from "Bob jones"
16. They need to make the screen shot feature be a 1 second hold of both buttons from an instantaneous button click to prevent the 10 screen shots I get a day turning on the phone
17. Edge, should be smart enough that if I accidentally put a period in my search string, it shouldn't PUKE and not do a bing search. IE. grocery stores. Atlanta....should work

Ahhh, I feel much better, and I know use the insider app...when I have a spare 2 hours I will type that in via the cludgey interface for it on the phone.

Joe920

Nov 13, 2012
Visit site
Also on a 950XL, seeing some of these, but not all.

SMS trouble: yes
Power button issues: rarely
Nav killing battery: yes, sometimes

Others:

SMS disappeared into the void after Messaging app crash
Cannot swipe to unlock while media bar shows (only on bluetooth in landscape oddly)
Some mail accounts don't update in the background
Cortana still refuses to follow 'play' commands for music on the SD card
Crashes, hangs, apps refusing to start (couple times a day)

In all, I'm ready for the next fast ring. I'll try it, and if it's a disaster I think I'll reflash to production to get out of them rings.

darth furious

Mar 6, 2014
Visit site
Ok, for therapeutic purposes lets keep a list of redstone bugs we are seeing....
1. SMS notification stop working no sound, requires reboot
2. SMS stops working all together, requires reboot
4. Many times the power button doesn't wake the phone
16. They need to make the screen shot feature be a 1 second hold of both buttons from an instantaneous button click to prevent the 10 screen shots I get a day turning on the phone

I reboot at work, after work, and before bed to make sure I am up to date on SMS messages. Sometimes I get them hours after and people ask "Didn't you get my message?"
Power button doesn't wake phone. I push and hold the camera button to wake it into camera mode, then go to start screen. This usually works. Or i hold down power button and then swipe up not down to get to lock screen
I used to take more screen shots because of the button placement. Just have to be more careful.
I too am waiting for the next build 14322 hoping for some bug fixes

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss