How is the camera on your Lumia 930 on Windows 10 mobile?

alexvovo

Dec 16, 2015
Visit site
How is the camera on your lumia 930 on windows 10 mobile? Post please :)

Some parts in the pictures on my lumia 930 seems blur...

chris_gt

Apr 8, 2014
Visit site
Re: How is the camera on your lumia 930 on windows 10 mobile? Post please :)

Had similar issues with mine. For some reason MS Camera only measures exposure dead center on the frame, even when you tap to focus somewhere else. Focus times are slower and camera sometimes won't focus when taking a picture.

Otherwise MS camera gets almost as good pictures as LC5 on 8.1, but it's not there yet.

You can use lumia camera classic on W10 as an alternative, just install it via sysapp pusher. It gets you better photos and post processing, but it lacks the fast launch times, 4k video and Rich HDR.

Hugo Souto

Nov 27, 2015
Visit site

Do a hard reset, turn off automatic updates on windows store, continue using Lumia Camera 5 and be happy!

alexvovo

Dec 16, 2015
Visit site

Thanks to all for your replies! I did a hard reset and lumia camera 5 is there again! Also i turned off automatic updates!

Chomiq

Jul 7, 2015
Visit site
Yeah pretty much everything was mentioned here. Either stick to LC5 or use Lumia Camera Beta. Windows camera has broken exposure meter on 930. Either way, Lumia Camera Beta has more controls over some options than the default MS app (at least in video department).

Chomiq

Jul 7, 2015
Visit site
Try to shoot a scene with blown out highlights off center, meter at that blown out area. Camera won't compensate for the metered exposure. Instead it adjust exposure based on the point in dead center of the frame.

There you go:
oau7WAm.jpg

X0kTtyM.jpg

Last edited:

QuadraFX

Feb 11, 2013
Visit site
Try to shoot a scene with blown out highlights off center, meter at that blown out area. Camera won't compensate for the metered exposure. Instead it adjust exposure based on the point in dead center of the frame.
(...)

Yes, now I can see the problem. Did not pay enough attention to this before. Anyway, I hope this will be corrected soon, like it was with initial revision of Windows Camera where the images taken were terribly oversharpened.

Btw. Is this exposure problem only present on L930, or is it for all the others ? I don't have another phone on W10M to check :)

Impenneteri

Dec 19, 2013
Visit site
I just updated to the official windows 10 mobile release. How do you download lumia camera beta? I tried the sysapp pusher but i can't download it, it seems block. Please help. Thanks.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
killshot4077