Which 950xl works best on T-Mobile? Dual or Single sim

migdier

Mar 17, 2016
Visit site
I'm planning on jumping back on wp10 and I'm looking at the 950xl, but I'm wondering which of the 2 I should buy to use on T-Mobile. Could you guys (& gals) help me out?

Scorpio5x0

Nov 17, 2012
Visit site
I have the unlocked dual sim 950XL. Works perfectly on T-Mobile. The single sim, as far as I know, has the same radio bands, so would work as well.

ooklah

Nov 13, 2012
Visit site
I'm on T-Mobile and went with the single SIM due to the price difference (also had a nest of Amazon gifts cards that offset the price as well).

I've only had the phone for a few days but I haven't run into any network issues.

My only concern is firmware updates since it is a Hong Kong variant. Not sure if that even is an issue, though.

Mr Hyde

Feb 28, 2013
Visit site
Do you get visual voicemail and MMS? I read that they may not work along with VoLTE

The latest release build for Win 10 mobile adds support for VVM for dual sim. I have a 950xl DS and just switched VVM on. haven't got any voice mails yet to test it yet so I guess I'm gonna leave myself one...

MMS, yes

VoLTE - according to the T-Mobile guy who set up my account, VoLTE only works with Phones sold by T-Mobile. his words, not mine.

sadude69

Dec 10, 2012
Visit site
I have the single SIM and honestly it works perfectly with T-mobile. No additional setup needed for SMS/MMS or LTE date. Just had to do the normal setup for VV but that has worked from the beginning

donkiluminate

Jan 7, 2013
Visit site
My unsolicited $.02 cents. If you are in the US I'd get the dual band 950xl. Both versions work fine on Tmobile but only the warranty on the single sim version is void in the US.

migdier

Mar 17, 2016
Visit site
Thanks that's very good information. I was actually leaning towards the single sim, now I know better....and with VVM confirmed working too, now I just need to go to the Microsoft store and grab the dual.

ajj3085

Aug 29, 2013
Visit site
The latest release build for Win 10 mobile adds support for VVM for dual sim. I have a 950xl DS and just switched VVM on. haven't got any voice mails yet to test it yet so I guess I'm gonna leave myself one...

I have AT&T, and VMM is enabled now, I got one the day my phone updated and it prompted me to enter my PIN so it would work.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nathanboro12