Setting Show Quick App Status problem, any help?

vince8603

Dec 23, 2012
Visit site
Setting Show Quick App Status problem

Hi, My 950 XL had a problem
i can't change or set new app in SHOW QUICK APP STATUS
When i click then will jump to home screen .... i format many times already
Once i just format and it can set, after (maybe few days or a while) cant set it anymore

Please help ... :( :unhappysweat: :unhappy:

Corwin_Amber1

Dec 7, 2015
Visit site
I thought I answered this post already - I would speculate that it crashes while trying to populate the list. Any fancy named apps installed, e.g.?
What Build are you on?

vince8603

Dec 23, 2012
Visit site
I thought I answered this post already - I would speculate that it crashes while trying to populate the list. Any fancy named apps installed, e.g.?
What Build are you on?

Hi Bro, i missed this thread

First post is previous version
I just got another new official update
Info 950XL.jpg

Problem still sames ...... previous i formatted many times
Below is the latest video i took

Corwin_Amber1

Dec 7, 2015
Visit site
Hi Vince,

as I said, it seems to be crashing when trying to populate the list. When hard resetting and not using a backup, it should work. So either restoring from backup or a certain app might be causing it.

So we need to check:
- What apps do you have installed that could be added there? I would try uninstalling them first, one by one and try, maybe restart and try. I would start with the ones with fancy characters in its names and rare usage in the field.
- Regarding backups - have you carried over from 8.1 or have you started new without using a backup with the 950XL?

Regards,
Corwin

vince8603

Dec 23, 2012
Visit site
Hi Corwin

My phone 950 XL starting from new windows 10, without restore any backup.
I formatt phone and go to set the quick app status then it work
after that i installed the app i want then maybe few days i try to change the quick app status setting and it came out the problem same as video.

inside video can see only phone, sms and email icon in quick app status setting, i want to set whatsapp and messenger but can't.
I tried uninstalled whatsapp and messenger and reinstall also can't work

Corwin_Amber1

Dec 7, 2015
Visit site
Vince, can you post screenshots of your installed app list? When you swipe to the right and all apps get displayed. Do screenshots of the whole list or a video and scroll down slowly so we can see what apps are installed (if that is OK with you).

When you say it works in the beginning and then stops after installing apps, I think that some property of a certain app is the problem. It COULD be the name. Only speculating, but again, it could be that it is crashing when trying to populate the list due to some unusual characters e.g. in an appname.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoshRos