Strange Battery Curve

Oubadah

Apr 14, 2016
Visit site
My battery calibration seems to be all messed up. If I charge it to 100% it takes a little over 3 hours (via USB with original charger), but the last 1% takes disproportionately long to complete. When discharging, it will discharge slowly from 100% to around 50%, then increasingly rapidly until it gets to 3%. That last 3% then seems to last for ages. Is there any way I can re-calibrate it?

realwarder

Dec 31, 2012
Visit site
No. Some people will chime in with ideas about fully cycling your battery etc. But no.

The top bit of charging is always slow, as that is a trickle charge.

The bottom 3%... well it's actually not optimal to run your phone down that low and your battery will not last as long if you fully charge/discharge it. I'd try and find a charger sooner.

Saying that, a great thing about the 830 is that the battery is replaceable, so if you find it doesn't last as long as when new after a year, grab a new battery!

Oubadah

Apr 14, 2016
Visit site
I know running the battery below 3% is not optimal, but my point is that I think the last "3%" is actually more like the last 20%, or at least that's how it seems to work out in practice. I've had the GPS running for 18 minutes now. The battery was at 3% when it started, and it hasn't shifted from 3% the entire time.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb