Is it normal to Loose 3% to 5% Battery charge after Every reboot?

asarekena

Jun 22, 2014
Visit site
I purchased a new Nokia Lumia 1520 over three months ago and am running the official windows 10 mobile upgrade not insider preview. But anytime i reboot the device i loose 3% to 5% battery charge. I would like to know if its a problem with the device or with the battery, or its normal to loose that much charge. I would be very happy if members will assist me with any info on the above issue. Thanks in advance.

Krystianpants

Sep 2, 2014
Visit site
That doesn't sound normal. I never lose charge rebooting. You could try going to privacy settings, feedback and diagnostics and make sure it's set to basic and not enhanced/full. Maybe when you do a reboot MS gathers data to see why a reboot was initiated and it could be causing some battery drain?

If not do a soft reset by holding power button and volume down till it vibrates. Last resort would be a factory reset and then give it a day or two before it stabilizes. It seems to be doing something in the background with low priority while you use the phone and higher priority when not in use. This is after build installs or resets as people have noticed.

rusty502

Mar 21, 2016
Visit site
I have noticed that on a 950 if you look at the battery percentage immediately after a reboot....I believe that the algorithm for the battery display may be a little aggressive and basses its calculation on the large draw on boot...seems to level out after a while....iow, I don't notice a difference at the end of the day even if I have rebooted two or three times....

Sent from mTalk

asarekena

Jun 22, 2014
Visit site
Thanks. Have already done the privacy settings, and have Hard reset a number of times already but to no avail. The problem still persist.

anon(8648115)

Mar 5, 2014
Visit site
I've actually had this 'problem' on pretty much all of my Windows Phones. Never understood why this happened but in the end it never really affected day to day battery life.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
taylormcintire