Spotify - Private Session setting fixes bug?

Kilika_g35

Jun 3, 2013
Visit site
I use Spotify on my 950 DS (US variant) at least 2-3 times a week, mainly when I run. Sometime last week, it stopped working properly. Every time I started a song, 2-3 seconds into it, the song would stop and the app would go back to a state, as if I hadn't selected to play songs in the playlist I had chosen. Desperate for a remedy, I tried uninstalling and reinstalling the app several times, but to no avail each time. This would happen, regardless of the audio connection type (BT, headphones, or speaker) or the Spotify playlist. I looked in the forums and didn't see anyone logging any similar experiences and was about to give up and find another streaming music alternative. Yes, I use Groove, but only for music that I own. :wink:

Today, while poking around in the app settings (not willing to completely give up on Spotify), I decided to toggle the Private Session setting to see if that worked. For whatever reason, it did the trick. Now I can listen to playlists without issues again. :grin: I know the Private Session setting is meant hide your activity, if your account is linked with Facebook, but I never linked Spotify to my FB account. I'm not sure why it would fix the issue, so strange.

Anywho, I thought that I'd share this, just in case, someone experienced the same thing on Spotify, as me.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nathanboro12