Help! Phone won't charge/boot...

Manu Sekhri1

Feb 15, 2015
Visit site
This has happened to me for the third time now.

I was on a call and the battery completely discharged and the phone shut down. When I connected the phone to a charger or a laptop USB port (tried both out of desperation) it will simply vibrate once, a short vibration and then do nothing. If I try to press the power and volume down button to do a hard reset it just vibrates twice and does nothing. If I pull the battery, wait and then plug back in, same result as before.

The first time I was at a Microsoft store and the rep simply gave me the demo battery for my battery and everything was fine. His rationale was that a cell in my battery could be faulty.

The second time the rep gave me his demo battery and said he had never seen something like this before and that I should try the firmware update when I had time.

I updated the firmware and assumed all was solved.

Yesterday the same thing happened and now my phone is dead :(

I am traveling and have no access to a Microsoft Store, would anyone on these forums have any ideas for me?

pankaj981

Jul 10, 2012
Visit site
It could either be a faulty battery or the battery was completely drained. You would have to connect the phone to a charger for 10-15 minutes before it boots up.

Manu Sekhri1

Feb 15, 2015
Visit site
It could either be a faulty battery or the battery was completely drained. You would have to connect the phone to a charger for 10-15 minutes before it boots up.

I am thinking now that I am on my third battery it cannot be the battery...yes it was absolutely and completely drained.

It has been on a charger for over 24hrs without luck, any ideas on what else I can do?

pankaj981

Jul 10, 2012
Visit site
Well then I am out of options here :(

Last thing I would try (if I were you) before reaching out for a warranty repair/replacement would be to connect the phone to a PC (if available), fire up Windows Device Recovery Tool, select "device is not detected" option and have the tool do it's magic.

Manu Sekhri1

Feb 15, 2015
Visit site

Last thing I would try (if I were you) before reaching out for a warranty repair/replacement would be to connect the phone to a PC (if available), fire up Windows Device Recovery Tool, select "device is not detected" option and have the tool do it's magic.

Tried this as well and it won't detect the device...

Manu Sekhri1

Feb 15, 2015
Visit site

Did not work :(

jlzimmerman

Jan 3, 2013
Visit site
My 950 XL died two nights ago and will not boot up. It's similar to what happened in the posts above.

The 950XL started acting up about 2 weeks ago (beyond the "regular" app crashes, camera problems, and other aggravating little things on it) and said the microSD card had errors. I had the phone attempt to fix those problems but that didn't work, so I took the card out. The phone still had major issues, rebooting, freezing, odd things.

So I hard reset it and started from scratch with no micoSD card. For the first two or three days it behaved nicely, then it just froze and vibrated for about 20 seconds before it hard rebooted. Then two nights ago I plugged it up to charge for the night and the next morning it was dead and I haven't been able to boot it up since. I've tried all the regular sorcery and recovery tools to get the thing to come to life. Nothing. I have to return the phone.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rogertewarte