Why is my Lumia 930 Mobile Hotspot not working?

• Thread starter Windows Central Question
  • Start date
W

Windows Central Question

When I turn the mobile hotspot on it appears to work at first. It can be found and connected to by a mobile device but does not allow internet access. After a short while the device cannot connect at all and I find that the mobile hotspot has been automatically switched off on the phone's mobile hotspot screen. When I then switch it back on it says 'connection not shared. Mobile hotspot isn't currently available' or 'There is no mobile data connection to share at the moment......'. My phone's OS build is 10.0.10586.218. My sim card is Three 12GB data 200min - 12 months and the Three chat bot said this should allow mobile hotspot to work on a Lumia 930. Does mobile hotspot work on other people's Lumia 930s or is it just me?

Lumia_Fan1

Apr 25, 2016
Visit site
When I turn the mobile hotspot on it appears to work at first. It can be found and connected to by a mobile device but does not allow internet access. After a short while the device cannot connect at all and I find that the mobile hotspot has been automatically switched off on the phone's mobile hotspot screen. When I then switch it back on it says 'connection not shared. Mobile hotspot isn't currently available' or 'There is no mobile data connection to share at the moment......'. My phone's OS build is 10.0.10586.218. My sim card is Three 12GB data 200min - 12 months and the Three chat bot said this should allow mobile hotspot to work on a Lumia 930. Does mobile hotspot work on other people's Lumia 930s or is it just me?

Hi, just curious. What device are you using, when you try to connect to mobile hotspot shared from your Lumia 930?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoshRos