Lumia 920 no randomly has no connection

netko

Feb 9, 2014
Visit site
I have already had problems with my connection but somehow it fixed itself for a few days until they came back stronger than ever.

Problem: Constantly losing connection to provider (currently has no signal for last 10 hours). It sees the connection, but it just doesn't use it.
I tried: Switching to 2g, 3g, 4g
Speech update
Updating my phone
Switching from automatic to selected network (as I said- I pick network phone found, but still no signal)
About a million restarts

Lucky for my phone, I am not at home so I can't dismantle it.
I had to make an important call and couldn't. Apparently I should upgrade my phone to a flip phone- at least that one can perform basic phone functions.

Auggybendoggy

Sep 19, 2015
Visit site
I'm going through a similar experience. My wife's 920 has intermittent connection. Most phone calls get dropped and don't even ring. The signal is lost and I have to wait for connection. My last hope is to open it up and check antenas but I think the antennas work. I think the phone dust.

netko

Feb 9, 2014
Visit site
I've read your tries and tried everything in case something helps me.
I suddenly had full connection in the morning.
I then noticed I can't connect to my windows account for some reason(tried to fix that to, to no avail). I restarted my phone to try to fix it and lost connection(even though it was on 4 bars before reset)... this would be funny if it weren't so frustrating.
Only thing left is hard reset. I pray that helps because I think I'll go office space on it when I get a new one.

Auggybendoggy

Sep 19, 2015
Visit site
ffice Space - lol that old fax machine love to F with those guys huh? LOL!

Here's the odd thing. My 920 did this too and after getting 3 new sim cards from Ting, it finally worked but not of the sim card. Not sure what did it, just started working. One thing I did was a factory reset with no sim card. I updated all the way up to Windows 10 and then inserted the sim card and my phone worked. However, I believe I did this with my wifes phone and it didn't do it. The only difference was that I udated my wifes phone to 8.1 instead of 10 and it failed. I doubt the OS is the problem.

But my phone def did this and after getting that new sim and finding my phone lost signal left and right I walked out of my room bummed out and told my wife - it's over my phone is DEAD. But like I said, it suddenly came back to life.

Both have the same firmware so my next try is to factory reset and update to W10 and then insert the sim card. I doubt it will work but I'll do anything :) - besides I just bought her a 830 so I have time.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoshRos