Notification sound not working after Win 10 update - Lumia 640XL?

• Thread starter Windows Central Question
  • Start date
W

Windows Central Question

Notification Sound Not working after Win 10 update - Lumia 640XL

I updated my Lumia 640XL to Win 10 five days ago. In the process it managed to wipe my Contacts completely and delete one of my email accounts. After a hard reset contacts came back and I managed to add my second e-mail account. I don't like the Outlook app but I will learn to live with it.

After 5 days I have managed to sort most things out except the sound notification in mail. I have set a sound to notify when new new e-mail arrives but it does not seem to be working. I get the new e-mails OK but the the notification sound is not playing. Everything is set for it to play but no luck I am afraid.
I would be grateful for some help/advice.
Many thanks..

Chintan Gohel

May 23, 2014
Visit site
Re: Notification Sound Not working after Win 10 update - Lumia 640XL

I updated my Lumia 640XL to Win 10 five days ago. In the process it managed to wipe my Contacts completely and delete one of my email accounts. After a hard reset contacts came back and I managed to add my second e-mail account. I don't like the Outlook app but I will learn to live with it.

After 5 days I have managed to sort most things out except the sound notification in mail. I have set a sound to notify when new new e-mail arrives but it does not seem to be working. I get the new e-mails OK but the the notification sound is not playing. Everything is set for it to play but no luck I am afraid.
I would be grateful for some help/advice.
Many thanks..

there are two settings for this. One set of settings are in the mail app. Make sure in the mail app notifications are enabled.
Second is the general settings > notifications > mail

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss