Buy 950 XL, get 950 free promo?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Krystianpants

Sep 2, 2014
Visit site
dammmmnnnn i totally would have held back on buying mine if i knew this was coming - part of the game i guess

I would have held back if I knew HP Elite X3 will be so much cheaper. But I needed a phone and while i'm happy with it. It seems that MS even knows that the early adopters overpaid.

mggm100

Feb 25, 2014
Visit site
That was referring to the $150 trade-in offer, not the BOGO. Read the bottom line in red

You're referring to this: "CREDIT CAN ONLY BE APPLIED FOR AT&T LUMIA 950 IF DEVICE IS BEING PAID IN FULL. NO FINANCING ALLOWED"

The way it reads to me is that if you use the credit towards an AT&T phone you must pay in full. It does not apply to the AT&T Next program.

I don't think it is saying the credit applies exclusively to the AT&T phones.

hasasimo

Apr 8, 2012
Visit site
I only want the 950. Anyone would like to pair up? I am a student (so 10% off) and live in Oregon (no sale tax). Please contact me if you're interested. I understand that a newly create account is hardly trustworthy, but I'm sure we can work it out.

My local Microsoft Store is saying you can't stack the 10% discount with this deal. Maybe if you speak to the right Associate/Manager you can get it done.

JDHamilton6

Oct 27, 2015
Visit site
Just ordered mine. xl for my wife and 950 for me. AT&T here I come. See ya later Verizon. It's been a great 20+ year ride, but nothing lasts forever.

Edited to add - I am also a DirecTV subscriber so I get the AT&T unlimited deal.

Last edited:

anadi1984

Mar 4, 2013
Visit site
Not a good news. Today I went to enquire about Lumia 950xl in Allahabad, India at an authorized Microsoft dealer. He informed me that Microsoft is winding up it's mobiles phone business from non-metro cities in India.

aximtreo

Jul 14, 2008
Visit site
I got all the way to checkout but just could not pull the trigger. I have already purchased two XL's and sold both to go back to Verizon Family Plan. If only the CDMA radios were active. I refuse to spend good money after bad. Damn, now my common sense decides to rear it's ugly head.

pankaj981

Jul 10, 2012
Visit site
Ugh, I knew that guy was being a *****. I tried it online from the store but it was still showing up as $650 after entering the student discount section. What did you do different?
I selected my school, and then clicked the page. It showed 594, clicked checkout and it added the 950 as $0. It was pretty straight after that.

ea3dfx

Aug 23, 2014
Visit site
Ugh, I knew that guy was being a *****. I tried it online from the store but it was still showing up as $650 after entering the student discount section. What did you do different?
For my scenario, I had to add the phone in the cart, where the discounted price would show up.

newnews

Oct 17, 2014
Visit site
MS marketing is totally screwed up. Why do not set the lower price in the beginning? All phone 950XL, 950, 650 are overpriced!

shenandoah

Feb 22, 2016
Visit site
Folks,

I just added a 950XL to the cart and it shows up at the discounted price of $584.10 ($649.00 - 10%) and $0.00 for the 950 (my wife is a teacher).

This promotion of "buy a 950xl and get a 950 for free" makes no sense. Why not just offer the 950 series phone at a 45%-50% discount? Not everyone needs two phones. They would probably sell more by discounting the phone rather than BOGO free.

Eric

robertre

Nov 13, 2012
Visit site
I would jump all over it if I had the need. For a few hundred dollars a piece for flagship phones, it is a killer deal. together with the year of office 365. Been very happy with my 950XL for the last 5 months. Some speed bumps, but that is to be expected since I am on the insider fast ring, but all in all, it has been a very nice phone. I am one of the ones who does not care how expensive the back looks. as they all look the same with a protective case. I care about the screen, camera, and speed.

ClixT

Oct 10, 2012
Visit site
Folks,

I just added a 950XL to the cart and it shows up at the discounted price of $584.10 ($649.00 - 10%) and $0.00 for the 950 (my wife is a teacher).

This promotion of "buy a 950xl and get a 950 for free" makes no sense. Why not just offer the 950 series phone at a 45%-50% discount? Not everyone needs two phones. They would probably sell more by discounting the phone rather than BOGO free.

Eric

Maybe because they want more WM10 users, and they're trying get rid of 950 stock at the same time?

jeffgeno

Jan 25, 2011
Visit site
They wouldn't let me stack the student discount or the 920 trade-in for the BYGO deal at the Boston Microsoft store. I bought the 950 29 days ago with the $100 discount, so I was able to "return" that and get an additional 950xl for $200.

I was going to give it to my wife to replace her aging 920, but it's a little too big. Does anyone have a 950 from the deal that they'd be willing to swap for an XL? This one is new in box and I'd prefer the same.

hasasimo

Apr 8, 2012
Visit site
I selected my school, and then clicked the page. It showed 594, clicked checkout and it added the 950 as $0. It was pretty straight after that.

Thank you. Left work and went back to the store and told them it works online. Management literally made me show them, and still didn't believe it when they saw it. Microsoft Store experiences can be very hit-or-miss. Anyway, in the end I got the difference back.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nathanboro12