L1520 doesn't work properly after win10 update

• Thread starter Windows Central Question
  • Start date
W

Windows Central Question

Last month i updated my L1520 to win10 from WP8.1 , but after the update process my phone works so badly , my problems are as followings

-Battery drains fast, when my battery percentage is between 30%-40% phone turns off itself and doesnt work until i plug it in.
-Screen problem just got me crazy that everytime i have to lock my phone then open and it works again , even because of that my navigation bar buttons' lights doesnt work cuz i punched the screen a lot
-Groove Music sometimes cant identify the singers and songs.
-And last I did 'soft reset' for 4 times almost but the phone doesnt work properly.

So , what you guys suggest me to do ? Hard reset or to sell my phone ? Or there is another way to solve all these problems ?

Thanks in advance for your thoughts!

charlatan1978

Dec 23, 2013
Visit site
Hi, you haven't mentioned whether you are running the official Windows 10 update or an Insider build.
A hard reset will usually fix a lot of the errors you have mentioned.
Also the Lumia 1520 runs Win10m very well, from reading users posts on here.
If you have any further questions you would be better advised signing up to this forum, so that you can reply to this thread.

charlatan1978

Dec 23, 2013
Visit site
If it was my phone first I would use the Windows Device Recovery Tool to check I was running the latest firmware. If not the latest I would reflash, then upgrade again to Win10m and lastly after upgrading back to Win10m I would hard reset.
Can you try that and report back?

Captain_Eric

Dec 31, 2007
Visit site
Just saying: I had big problems when I upgraded to Redstone, 14xxx, from 8.1, battery drain, frequent crashes. Eventually, it almost bricked my 1520.3. I know that was the risk I took when I signed up for Insider, but be forewarned.

Posted via the Windows Central App for Android

Last edited:

necef1996

Apr 30, 2016
Visit site
I don't know how to flash and use windows device recovery tool , i mean i have no time to find how to do them and after doing them i'm afraid of getting my phone work bad , i cany afford for a new one :(

RumoredNow

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
I don't know how to flash and use windows device recovery tool , i mean i have no time to find how to do them and after doing them i'm afraid of getting my phone work bad , i cany afford for a new one :(

WDRT is easy and automatic. It is an official tool, not some complicated hack.

https://forums.windowscentral.com/e...singleTopic%26topic%3DFA142987&token=xzGmIxju

Alternately you could try going to Settings > System > About > Reset your phone.

WDRT will take you back to 8.1. Reset your phone will take restore the same W10M version you have now, but is a clean install (just like WDRT is). Either one should smooth out your issues.

Can you afford to keep running a gimped phone?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ChadDaniel