Best screen protector for the Microsoft Lumia 950 XL?

lsquare

Apr 5, 2013
Visit site
I'm looking for something similar to the Spigen screen protectors. Unfortunately they don't make any for Lumia devices. I don't want any wet installation type of screen protectors. So what's the best screen protector to get for the Lumia 950 XL?

Thanks!

Corwin_Amber1

Dec 7, 2015
Visit site
If it should be glass: The Nillkin. Only this one fits on the edges and is by the way perfect to touch. All the others are too thick and therefor stiff and will not stick in the edges:
Nillkin Microsoft Lumia 950 XL Glasfolie Schutzfolie: Amazon.de: Elektronik

If it should be plastic: Crocfol Premium. I tried so many, this ine is simply the best. Best touch, great optical properties.
CROCFOL PREMIUM 5K HD Schutzfolie f?r das: Amazon.de: Elektronik

PS: There is a thread with more infos and pics:
http://forums.windowscentral.com/microsoft-lumia-950-xl/402534-3.htm

lsquare

Apr 5, 2013
Visit site
If it should be glass: The Nillkin. Only this one fits on the edges and is by the way perfect to touch. All the others are too thick and therefor stiff and will not stick in the edges:
Nillkin Microsoft Lumia 950 XL Glasfolie Schutzfolie: Amazon.de: Elektronik

If it should be plastic: Crocfol Premium. I tried so many, this ine is simply the best. Best touch, great optical properties.
CROCFOL PREMIUM 5K HD Schutzfolie f?r das: Amazon.de: Elektronik

PS: There is a thread with more infos and pics:
http://forums.windowscentral.com/microsoft-lumia-950-xl/402534-3.htm

Thanks for the response. I'm a bit confused. What's the difference between tempered glass and plastic? Are there any differences in terms of thickness?

Corwin_Amber1

Dec 7, 2015
Visit site
Yes. Plastic is a lot thinner but worse regarding optical qualities, touch and protection.
The Glass Protectors are thicker and more visible but protect more and usually are more oleophobic and smoother to the touch.

Plastic:
+ thinner, thus probably less visible
+ cheaper

Glass:
+ better optical properties
+ more protection
+ better touch

Both of them are composed of several layers and are usually attached to the screen by static. Also all of them are one use only (even if they claim that you can wash them off). It depends on you. I am TOTALLY OCD about that topic and can NOT accept only the slightest imperfection like small dust, hair, bubbles etc.. Most people seem to be a lot more reluctant by the judge of what you see in peoples hands - no WAY for me to even remotely use something like that. Also, get a good one (like the Nillkin). there are cheap ones which do have bad or no oleophobic coating at all. But BTT.

Please beware, many Lumia 950XL have a liiiitle bent down edges on the display - most probably you really need to use the thin Nillkin.
Hold the Phone and mirror something with stripes and look at the edges, moving it a little.

Many protectorsclaim to be 0.2 or 0.26mm thin - the oly one I found that REALLY is thin and therefore less stiff and therefore better sticking to the 950XL edges, is the Nillkin.

hacer619

Apr 25, 2012
Visit site
I finally dropped my lumia 950 xl it was a bad drop. luckily I had nilkin case and a cheap glass screen protector that I hated because the corners didn't stick. and while a had a spare nilkin glass protector in my drawer I have to agree that it sticks well to all the corners. when I applied the nilkin protector the edges didn't stick by themselves. a slight tap did the trick it's been an hour and all is good.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Duouser3