Still using Nokia 1020 with Mac book Pro? Should I upgrade to Lumia 950?

• Thread starter Windows Central Question
  • Start date
W

Windows Central Question

Dear Ones

I am still using Nokia 1020 with Macbook Pro (last build with CD Rom) unfortunately, the Windows app is not working anymore. Both

Please suggest the options below which will be much suited.

Upgrade to Surface 3 or 4 + with existing Lumia 1020
Upgrade to Nokia 950 + with current MacBook - Will Nokia 950 sync with MS Yosemite?

Suggestions much appreciated

Cheers!

Sam

rambo47

Mar 28, 2005
Visit site
If you use a MacBook Pro daily, you should consider auditioning an iPhone. I have had bad luck trying to get several Windows phones to sync reliably with Macs. I'm a life-long Mac user too. iCloud email syncs, but doesn't do push. You can get your mail every 15 minutes. Contacts will sync most of the time but you might experience mis-formatting. Windows Mobile just doesn't want to play nice with CardDAV. Calendar appointments sync but you cannot modify them fully on the phone. I'm a strong believer in sticking with an ecosystem for computing and mobile. I use a Lenovo Yoga 3 Pro with my Lumia 735, but my daily driver is an iPhone.

ashram

Jan 30, 2013
Visit site
The windows phone app was broken by Apple with El Capitan.
It's possible a security update for Yosemite could have broken it too.

This fixed it for sure on El Capitan, it "may" fix your problem too... since it's not working, it doesn't hurt to try
https://tubeapps.net/wp8/

A 950 will have the same issue with el capitan, and possibly yosemite. Me personally, if you are happy with your 1020, then an SP3 or SP4 would be the way to go. If you want to stick with a Windows Phone, then a Windows PC would be best.

B Hammer

Oct 29, 2014
Visit site
Upgrade to Surface 3 or 4 + with existing Lumia 1020
Upgrade to Nokia 950 + with current MacBook - Will Nokia 950 sync with MS Yosemite?

Depends on your needs and the ecosystem you live/work with. Personally, I do a lot of programming, statistical analysis, database management, and data manipulation. Because of this, I prefer to use a Windows-based platform. I currently use a Surface Pro 3 because I do a lot of presentations and travel a lot; it is compact, light, and replaces my laptop for me.

I also am embedded in the Microsoft ecosystem. I use all Microsoft products, including Exchange, Office 365, etc. and a SP3 and Lumia 950 work very well within that system.

If you find that you need Apple's ecosystem, with the work productivity or lifestyle that Apple affords, then you should buy an iPhone and retain your MacBook. If, however, you find that you are not dependent on the MacBook or Apple's ecosystem, and love your Lumia 1020, then switch over to a Surface.

I'm sure you have a reason for not upgrading to both a Surface and a Lumia 950. That would be ideal. I almost didn't go with the 950 because I wanted to wait for the Surface Phone, but my Lumia 928 died (that, and Verizon was terrible to deal with, i.e. Windows Phone).

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Duouser3