Why am I missing some features I previously had?

• Thread starter Windows Central Question
  • Start date
W

Windows Central Question

I had to do a HARD reset to my Nokia Lumia 635. After doing this and I cycled it back on, giving it ample time to update EVERYTHING, I gave it about half the day, plus I had to cycle it off about 3 times just because of the "updates" it kept receiving. Since then it has been missing some features, like my call blocking. I have cycled it off, took out the battery and SIM card left them out for 5 mins then put it back together and powered it back up. No luck. Still missing. Even attempted a SOFT reset. Still no success. I have powered it down and left it off multiple times for several minutes at a time, still NO luck. What gives?!?! I am at a loss as to how to get that feature back. I loved it because I could block the telemarketers from calling me repeatedly.

Chintan Gohel

May 23, 2014
Visit site
I had to do a HARD reset to my Nokia Lumia 635. After doing this and I cycled it back on, giving it ample time to update EVERYTHING, I gave it about half the day, plus I had to cycle it off about 3 times just because of the "updates" it kept receiving. Since then it has been missing some features, like my call blocking. I have cycled it off, took out the battery and SIM card left them out for 5 mins then put it back together and powered it back up. No luck. Still missing. Even attempted a SOFT reset. Still no success. I have powered it down and left it off multiple times for several minutes at a time, still NO luck. What gives?!?! I am at a loss as to how to get that feature back. I loved it because I could block the telemarketers from calling me repeatedly.

To block a number, long press the number in phone app. It should give you list of options including block number

If you need additional help or have more questions or details to share, please join the site so you can reply in this thread. See this link for instructions on how to join Windows Central.

Diamondx_8

May 18, 2011
Visit site
To block a number, long press the number in phone app. It should give you list of options including block number

If you need additional help or have more questions or details to share, please join the site so you can reply in this thread. See this link for instructions on how to join Windows Central.

You need to have this feature turned on and that ability is no longer there. My system settings no longer have the "call+SMS filter" option, which is needed for call blocking. Without it, when you long press there is no option to block the call.

Chintan Gohel

May 23, 2014
Visit site
You need to have this feature turned on and that ability is no longer there. My system settings no longer have the "call+SMS filter" option, which is needed for call blocking. Without it, when you long press there is no option to block the call.

has this been resolved for you yet? A new OS update has come out and I have a feeling you are missing block and filter app

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Brilliantick99