Recovery from backup didn't restore saves?

tpapictures

Nov 6, 2013
Visit site
When I had my Lumia 925, I moved from 8.1 to the Win10 insider preview and all my game saves and app settings were restored. But I just went to official 10 on my unlocked 640 from 8.1 and none of my app settings or game saves have restored. Is there a particular way to make that happen? I just followed along the way you normally do for restoring a previous backup but none of the saves are there. Any ideas?
Also, how do you perform a recovery from a backup if you're not setting up your phone for the first time?

Thanks!

libra89

Feb 6, 2015
Visit site
From what I recall the last time I did this, app settings and game saves are not saved, unless the game/app has an option to restore from a backup individually for each app/game.

tpapictures

Nov 6, 2013
Visit site
Well, if thats the case then all the apps I wanted backed up ARE selected as being apps that keep data backed up.
But it's still not happening. Anyone know why that is?

Last edited:

libra89

Feb 6, 2015
Visit site
This might sound like a silly question, but I have to ask to be sure. Did you load the game/app and choose the option that says restore from a backup or something of that nature?

tpapictures

Nov 6, 2013
Visit site
This might sound like a silly question, but I have to ask to be sure. Did you load the game/app and choose the option that says restore from a backup or something of that nature?

That's not a silly question, perfectly good one. But I never was asked anything like that in any of the apps.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
velocityxs