Windows M8 and Windows 10 Mobile 10586.242

Bill Berry

Nov 20, 2014
Visit site
Just a heads up; I rolled back to WP8.1 Update 2 a couple of days ago. I saw a post in regards to build 10586.242 and I wanted to confirm the release is available through the "Insider Release Preview" not "Insider Slow" or "Insider Fast". If you're on Windows 8.1 Update 2 you may be updated to build 10586.107 as it did me. I reran the Insider Release Build again and I'm downloading and installing 10586.242 as we speak; the download and initial install are done within the Phone Update; you can still use your phone at this point; upon the required restart, the phone will show the two cogs and that install you have to patiently wait out and your phone will once again update via your backup. I just want my e-mail to work properly. Stay tune, take care!

Last edited:

onlysublime

Jun 24, 2013
Visit site
I got 10.0.10586.42 in the middle of the day yesterday around lunch time. It was weird that it could update while unplugged and with a mid level of battery left over. I remember with previous updates, it would say the phone had to be plugged in just to ensure that enough battery was there for the update to happen.

The build was super buggy after the update. Rebooting the phone seemed to work out some of the kinks.

Michael Ellsworth

May 2, 2016
Visit site
Quick question. Did either of you loose the ability to use the headphone jack with this update? Mine is dead, however two changes occurred the night of the upgrade, the second being my cat knocked nearly everything off my nightstand. My phone somehow landed such that the charging cable shorted out and burned, so it might be the assembly is broken.:eck:

Thanks

bdchambers79

Jun 21, 2013
Visit site
I'm on 242, and my headphone jack works fine. Have you tried a different headset?

You could try rolling back, but that seems extreme. It would, however, hello determine if it's a hardware issue on your phone.

Posted from Windows Central for Windows 10

spoonxii

Jan 17, 2013
Visit site
Quick question. Did either of you loose the ability to use the headphone jack with this update? Mine is dead, however two changes occurred the night of the upgrade, the second being my cat knocked nearly everything off my nightstand. My phone somehow landed such that the charging cable shorted out and burned, so it might be the assembly is broken.:eck:

Thanks
yeah 242 no problem with headphones -

gumbedamit

Dec 26, 2012
Visit site
Do you have any problems with your HTC and Windows 10? I'm thinking of upgrading to 10, any info you may have would be helpful, thanx in advance.

teddystiles

Feb 4, 2011
Visit site
Do it. It's awesome, even on this "unsupported" phone. I'm bummed I missed out on all the months I could have been running it as I waited for the official release. I miss the HTC camera app and am working through a battery drain issue, but otherwise I'm very happy!
Originally posted by gumbedamit
Do you have any problems with your HTC and Windows 10? I'm thinking of upgrading to 10, any info you may have would be helpful, thanx in advance.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb