No updates for 950 XL

lucky4ansh

Oct 13, 2013
Visit site
I bought the lumia 950 xl last night and it only updates till build 218. I tried to switch to the fast insider but it says...up to date...Any advise?

lucky4ansh

Oct 13, 2013
Visit site
Yes. I guess the recent stable build is 342. The phone doesn't show any of the updates for the insider as well as the production build one.

DeathMoJo

May 24, 2015
Visit site
It might take 24-48 hours, sometimes longer for the Insider settings to take effect if it is your first time, be patient and it should work.

Me mindful some people have great luck with slow and fast ring and others its a buggy mess. I was on the fast ring and loved the features but I couldn't handle the reduced battery life and bugs. I know its a preview build but I went back to the Release Preview ring. The official and release preview is stable (for most) and is safe for daily use for Windows 10 mobile. I would say 3-4 months ago the fast ring was necessary to see a more stable version of Mobile.

Latest OS versions:
Official - 10586.218
Insider Release Preview - 10586.242
Insider Slow - 14295.1005
Insider Fast - 14332

Zeem Frostmaw

Dec 6, 2013
Visit site
Yeah, gotta echo the others. If you /must/ be on the Insider Preview, stick to the slower rings. Fast Ring is, more than ever, an experimental platform for bug spotting and testing.

Krystianpants

Sep 2, 2014
Visit site
Did you join insider and accept the agreement? Use the insider app to set yourself to production preview. It will ask you to reboot if you do it right. Reboot it and then it should show up in phone updates. If not give it some time. But also update your apps in the store.

lucky4ansh

Oct 13, 2013
Visit site
Did you join insider and accept the agreement? Use the insider app to set yourself to production preview. It will ask you to reboot if you do it right. Reboot it and then it should show up in phone updates. If not give it some time. But also update your apps in the store.

Everything else is fine. The store apps update fine..the production builds are installing fine... I used the fast ring on my 1520...it was fine... it doesn't check for updates in the 950XL though through insider.

Krystianpants

Sep 2, 2014
Visit site
Everything else is fine. The store apps update fine..the production builds are installing fine... I used the fast ring on my 1520...it was fine... it doesn't check for updates in the 950XL though through insider.

Here's a question. Did you restore a backup from your 925? Honestly, this could put your phone into an odd state. So I would have started fresh if I was you. If you did just do a factory reset. It only takes a bit of time to get things going and once you do, it's worth it.

lucky4ansh

Oct 13, 2013
Visit site
Here's a question. Did you restore a backup from your 925? Honestly, this could put your phone into an odd state. So I would have started fresh if I was you. If you did just do a factory reset. It only takes a bit of time to get things going and once you do, it's worth it.

I actually started it fresh and then backed up. Then I restored after a hard reset.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
velocityxs