You're reaching your data limit - except I'm not?

• Thread starter Windows Central Question
  • Start date
W

Windows Central Question

You're reaching your data limit - except I'm not.

I have a Windows 10 Lumia 950 in standard mode. I've had this month it telling me that I'm reaching my data limit (2GB) except the phone reports 700MB used and my provider is telling me 850MB used.

Wifi is approching 7.5GB - that's uncapped at home though...

Does anyone else often get the "You're reaching your data limit" warning in error?

With thanks

eepyaich

Oct 25, 2010
Visit site
Yep - I started seeing the same; I've set the limit to 2GB, but was getting warnings as soon as I hit 500MB used!

In the end, I thought I'd try bumping the limit to 3GB and see what happens (i.e. if there's a 1.5GB "low threshold" then that would probably work for me).

khaled22

Jan 21, 2015
Visit site
Re: You're reaching your data limit - except I'm not.

Data usage is not counting correctly...as I've read somewhere else its a known bug.but for warnings I don't know..i only get from my provider and if I want to buy more

madthoughts

Oct 4, 2012
Visit site
Not sure if this affected anyone else, but I had data sense enabled and didn't have any issues with it-- until I took a cross-country flight. Out of nowhere it was sending toast after toast telling me I was over the data limit. I checked my carrier-- wasn't even close. So I turned it off.

Maybe my experience will help a troubleshooter.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shelton786