Does my sd card affect my phone's speed?

• Thread starter Windows Central Question
  • Start date
W

Windows Central Question

does my sd card affecting my phones's speed

i have been using windows 10 technical preview in my lumia 640xl for some time.from starting my phone contained some bugs and it was also slow.but i was handling it as it was not causing serious problems. but today my phone was causing a lot of trouble suddenly and as an experiment i removed my sd card (sandisk class4 16GB) now my phone was like flash.causing no problems nor bugs and the perfomance of my phone was very smooth. so what do you recommend

aximtreo

Jul 14, 2008
Visit site
Re: does my sd card affecting my phones's speed

I would think it would not unless during reading and writing to the SD card. If you only have music, videos; etc. stored on the SD card, access speed would be slower than if they were stored on internal memory.

Good question. I hope we get more answers.

RumoredNow

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
Re: does my sd card affecting my phones's speed

You can test your card in a slot on PC with this program: www.heise.de/download/h2testw.html - Translator

Generally speaking, Class 4 is pretty slow and write speed is the bottleneck that slows you down.

You should probably move to an SDXC-I card. SD/SDHC/SDXC Specifications and Compatibility

If you need additional help or have more questions or details to share, please join the site so you can reply in this thread. See this link for instructions on how to join Windows Central.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss