Average battery life after windows 10 update

pankajupadhyay05

Feb 8, 2014
Visit site
I'm rocking .218 official update and confused about battery life. How well is you people device faring in this department. Mine needs a charge in 10-12 hours and my usage comprises basic tasks and no gaming.

Leonel Funes

Windows 10 & Xbox Champion
Mar 4, 2014
Visit site
I'm on .242 and battery life doesn't seem much different. Maybe a minute longer throughout the day, if anything. The one thing I did notice is the All Apps screen stays dark after returning to it from an app. Before, it would get bright (if on dark theme) after closing an app or something

KefKef

Jan 10, 2016
Visit site
I'm rocking .218 official update and confused about battery life. How well is you people device faring in this department. Mine needs a charge in 10-12 hours and my usage comprises basic tasks and no gaming.

Many settings (different/not present in 8.1) influence battery life on W10M.

You can get the same (as on 8.1) better or worse battery drain depending on the settings you choose/enable. And then, some apps are also responsible for huge battery drain.
To be more confusing (even funny) one app which should be "Battery charge/drain control helper" was on my L830 the biggest battery drainer so I had to uninstall it :smile:

avengerxp

Oct 31, 2014
Visit site
I had the same issue with battery (L640 running .218), After reading many work arounds, I went into battery and disabled edge in background. trust me now the difference is night n day!

go to Battery saver --> battery use --> change background app settings switch off stuff you dont need (edge, facebook if u dont want the app to update itself in the background)

Axeelant

Nov 20, 2014
Visit site
Mine is about the same as OPs. with skype messaging on. This is the best so far from all builds on W10M, slightly worse than 8.1, but as KefKef said, more features, new stuff and everything requires more battery i guess...

Axeelant

Nov 20, 2014
Visit site
I had the same issue with battery (L640 running .218), After reading many work arounds, I went into battery and disabled edge in background. trust me now the difference is night n day!

Will disabling edge in the background prevent downloading big files when minimising?

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
graceevans