Switching from 928 to Icon and had question about activating

sprtfan

Oct 9, 2013
Visit site
I'm upgrading to an Icon from a 928 and will need to go into Verizon to get a new SIM since the Icon uses a smaller one. I can't make it in for a few days and wanted to see if there would be any reason not to upgrade to Windows 10 before going in to Verizon? Since the Icon technically doesn't support 10, would they give me any problems activating it?
I've never actually switched phones before either so any tips or pointers on moving stuff over would be appreciated too. Thanks

TechFreak1

May 15, 2013
Visit site
Nope, Verizon should not give you an issues in activating your SIM with the Icon as after all you are still using their service and paying for said service.

Make sure you insert the sim in before turning your Icon on for the first time, that should prevent provisioning issues that may occur (seen on the 950 and XL models).

aximtreo

Jul 14, 2008
Visit site
There is a great article here today from Daniel Rubino regarding pulling his ICON our to mothballs and how well it runs on Windows 10. He suggested loading the late Preview version. You can do this before getting the SIM card.

I'm bot sure about not doing anything before inserting the SIM card. I never did that on any of my Windows phones including the 950 XL. Maybe someone else will post more info.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kuyhaa