Where do I get an original Lumia 730 dual sim firmware?

Digvijay Chauhan

Apr 9, 2016
Visit site
Where to get original Lumia 730 dual sim firmware?

Friends,
about a week ago, i upgraded the firmware of my Lumia 730 dual sim from .02004 to .53005

After this upgrade, I have been facing some serious issues, like,

- The brightness control is gone. it always remains high, no matter what i do
- the battery drains really fast, even during standby
- the screen heats up, due to brightness i guess
- Very critical, if you restart the phone, it goes into boot-loop for at least 4 to 5 times and sometimes to my horror, infinite

I have tried quite a few things to resolve this, namely,

- updating the phone to Windows 10, that made the problem really really worst, so downgraded it again
- Hard reset, soft reset the phone, few different occasions
- have done re-installation of firmware through WDRT, more than one

Now, after i have done lot of research and after talking to few of my friends and even repair guys, I have come to conclusion that I need to downgrade to previous firmware version, i.e. .02004 , desperately, if I may add.

but the million dollar question is, where do i get the FFU file for the same? I searched a lot, not getting anywhere. Please help, this is desperate plea.

thank you,

Digvijay Chauhan

Apr 9, 2016
Visit site
Re: Where to get original Lumia 730 dual sim firmware?

Thanks a lot but I tried and there are so many files and I don't know which one to download?
Plus, the version .02004 is not there at all.

Can I use any other version? If yes, which one?

Thanks again

charlatan1978

Dec 23, 2013
Visit site

Just out of interest, after you hard reset are you restoring from a backup or starting fresh?

charlatan1978

Dec 23, 2013
Visit site
Some other things worth considering are :-
1. Are you using an SD card? These are known to cause problems, try without the SD card fitted.
2. How old is the phone and how log have you had it? Could possibly be a hardware fault.

Digvijay Chauhan

Apr 9, 2016
Visit site
Some other things worth considering are :-
1. Are you using an SD card? These are known to cause problems, try without the SD card fitted.
2. How old is the phone and how log have you had it? Could possibly be a hardware fault.

I have tried without the SD card, no change. however, this is interesting because this phone has corrupted two of my SD cards, I mean, completely unusable, recently.

My phone is 1 and a half years old. It was working fine till i updated the same. through the website you suggested, I have flashed Global Swap version successfully, but no use. I dont know if its too old a version or what. I did change the display recently but i have installed an original one with warranty. So, I dont see that as a problem.

I couldnt find the .02004 version which i need, I think that is the only thing, which will solve my problem. Also, I need to go back to .349 Windows 8.1 version. How do i do that now? I need the combination of .02004 firmware and .349 software. I dont know how to get it?

charlatan1978

Dec 23, 2013
Visit site
Also, I need to go back to .349 Windows 8.1 version
What version does the 'Windows Device Recovery Tool' take you back to?

To be honest, I'm not sure how you would go to a 'combination of .02004 firmware and .349 software.''
'In my opinion', there is a hardware fault with your phone and you would probably find that the phone still had problems on .02004 and .349 software.

Nindza93

Jan 5, 2016
Visit site

Try downloading an app called SysApp pusher, and there you can find under the System section for lumias, display. Click on it, and then you can download display ,,app" and you can find a new option for changing brightness. This might help...

Digvijay Chauhan

Apr 9, 2016
Visit site
What version does the 'Windows Device Recovery Tool' take you back to?

To be honest, I'm not sure how you would go to a 'combination of .02004 firmware and .349 software.''
'In my opinion', there is a hardware fault with your phone and you would probably find that the phone still had problems on .02004 and .349 software.

Thanks a lot. I tried yours and other things but eventually I figured that there was only one problem with my phone and shockingly, it was the Display itself.

There was a fault of some short and also I have a doubt that when I replaced it, I was given a duplicate one. Once its replaced with genuine one(this time I am sure it is genuine) all the problems automatically resolved.

However, with your help, I did take back my firmware to .36001 and then couple of OTA updates. However, I am not going to update this to .53005 now, I am literally scared.

Thanks once again to all of you. Seriously. Last time, writing on this from my phone, my battery was down 6 or 7 % and now, only 2%.

Thanks and adios till the next time............

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
quicktravo