Green is not so green for Glance?

TK2011

Nov 21, 2012
Visit site
What color does your Glance screen show when it's in night mode and color is set to green?
For the first one or two days I swear texts used to be in proper green but now it's more like white with a touch of faint green/yellow tint. Anyone else with the same behavior? If I set it to red or blue, they show as clearly red or blue, it's just the green setting with this issue. Weird. It's not something I'll lose sleep over, but I am curious if this is typical for the XL.

BustyBloke

Oct 17, 2015
Visit site
I permanently keep the Glance screen on my 950 XL on green, and yes, I have seen the problem you are referring to. The colour became a sort of ugly fluorescent yellow, rather than green.

I managed to fix it by doing the following: turned off Glance completely; did a soft reset; turned Glance back on, and it went back to normal.

Exup

Aug 7, 2013
Visit site
Just an heads up:
- Be careful with the glance with our 950's.... the glance clock is always at the same position (on the 8.1 it was always changing position every 1min or so) and can cause some retention on the amoled panel. I would not advise you to use it permanently on windows 10 while they don't have it "moving".

beman39

Dec 24, 2014
Visit site
Just an heads up:
- Be careful with the glance with our 950's.... the glance clock is always at the same position (on the 8.1 it was always changing position every 1min or so) and can cause some retention on the amoled panel. I would not advise you to use it permanently on windows 10 while they don't have it "moving".

false! my 950XL glance clock moves to different positions on the screen... it shouldn't be any different for the 950's

Exup

Aug 7, 2013
Visit site
Originally posted by beman39
Originally Posted by Exup
Just an heads up:

false! my 950XL glance clock moves to different positions on the screen... it shouldn't be any different for the 950's

Mine doesn't.
So, it doesn't make it false 😉.

I'm on the xxx.242 (maybe that's the reason).

TK2011

Nov 21, 2012
Visit site
I permanently keep the Glance screen on my 950 XL on green, and yes, I have seen the problem you are referring to. The colour became a sort of ugly fluorescent yellow, rather than green.

I managed to fix it by doing the following: turned off Glance completely; did a soft reset; turned Glance back on, and it went back to normal.
Yup, it worked! Now I have the green color back.

But like Exup noted, mine doesn't seem to move around either. Hmm..

beman39

Dec 24, 2014
Visit site
guys it moves every half hour or so... its not like a screen saver where it moves around constantly every few seconds... I have my phone beside my bed and have seen it move... goes from the bottom to middle then top or vice versa...

Exup

Aug 7, 2013
Visit site
guys it moves every half hour or so... its not like a screen saver where it moves around constantly every few seconds... I have my phone beside my bed and have seen it move... goes from the bottom to middle then top or vice versa...

humm... 30min?? I haven't noticed at all... maybe on last releases it does work... I'll check (thanks :)).

At Win 8.1 it moves every 30sec (+-)...

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss