Finally Got The Spare Battery For My Lumia 950XL!!!

Abhinav Mudaliar

Apr 28, 2016
Visit site
Finally after searching a lot and coming across many OUT OF STOCK messages i got hold of the Lumia 950XL battery...booked it on 4th may and it has been shipped already, i have been provided with tracking details too...lets hope i get is soon950xl.jpg

Y C Neo

Mar 5, 2014
Visit site
How will you charge the spare battery? External charger?

Charge one phone until full, swop out the battery and charge another.
There are many so-called universal battery charger out there, but not sure which type is compatible.

Posted via the Windows Central App for Android

Abhinav Mudaliar

Apr 28, 2016
Visit site
There are many so-called universal battery charger out there, but not sure which type is compatible.

Thats the way...charge one till 100% swop out the battery and charge another

TechFreak1

May 15, 2013
Visit site

I used to use a universal charger (powergen universal rapid smart charger), the pins are on sliders so you can move them around - not all batteries use the same pins for charging. I'm not sure however how it would perform with the 950XL battery and also the battery may be larger than the charger itself when extended.

www.amazon.co.uk/PowerGen-Multi-purpose-Desktop-Charger-Samsung/dp/B005H05YTA/ref=sr_1_7?ie=UTF8&qid=1462761473&sr=8-7&keywords=powergen+universal+charger

Y C Neo

Mar 5, 2014
Visit site
I used to use a universal charger (powergen universal rapid smart charger), the pins are on sliders so you can move them around - not all batteries use the same pins for charging. I'm not sure however how it would perform with the 950XL battery and also the battery may be larger than the charger itself when extended.

www.amazon.co.uk/PowerGen-Multi-purpose-Desktop-Charger-Samsung/dp/B005H05YTA/ref=sr_1_7?ie=UTF8&qid=1462761473&sr=8-7&keywords=powergen+universal+charger

Many of the universal battery charger is only compatible with batteries with the type of charging contact on the left (refer to below pix), unfortunately Lumia 950 XL batteries is of type on the right.

View attachment 125509

View attachment 125510

falconrap

Nov 14, 2012
Visit site
I was beginning to think these things were like unicorns. Would be nice if they were a little more readily available, like, I don't know, say in the Microsoft store (looking at you MS). Hopefully, these will start hitting sites in the States like Amazon.

PGrey

Sep 2, 2013
Visit site

You have to be a bit careful with these, and make sure you have one that has a good algorithm.
Since they don't have all the pins (many batteries have a thermal pin and I can't remember the last one), it has to watch for voltage cut-off, when charging, so it doesn't overcharge your battery. The good ones are implemented well, I have an old one that's very consistent. Unfortunately, given all the differing pin-outs, having one of these that's universal and uses the thermal and other extra functions is largely impractical, particularly since they have to compete price-point-wise.
I think with a lot of the stuff out there now, you have to very carefully read reviews, paying close attention to the negative ones, to make sure they're not causing exploding or leaking batteries, as the result of overcharge.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb