Can I switch from L640 to L950 ?

adigawi

Jul 28, 2015
Visit site
Hi there, I need advice- I know that probably everything has been written already, but it's hard to find an answer with all those posts around. I'm a L640 user and as far as I'm happy with it in general- running production build- for me w10m is quite stable, I have no big issues, I'm not a hard user, not a gamer, using it mainly for work- email, calendar, edge, banking app, calc, maps, some FB, messaging... I think that it's time to change for sth new. I already had L950 for two days when it was launched, but there was too many bugs that time and I couldn't get over the price/expectations ratio, so returned it. I really liked the 950's build quality, plastic back, camera, 3gigs of ram, screen, 32gb storage, sd card, etc.

So my question is- can I switch from 640 to 950 at the moment not regretting it after 2-3 days? Some people are complaining about issues that I never had with my L640, so now just wondering if it's a hardware related problem or just a different apps running? I dont use cortana, I don't use iris...

And the last thing- battery- I'm very happy with my battery life at the moment, is it better or worse with 950? I always compare batteries with gsmarena, where 640 has 76hrs endurance while 950 has only 48hrs endurance. I know that they measured 640 running win8.1 and 950 running w10m so now my question is- is there a chance that 640 and 950 could have similar score running the same w10m build?

What do you think?????:sweaty:

v535

Mar 26, 2015
Visit site
And the last thing- battery- I'm very happy with my battery life at the moment, is it better or worse with 950? I always compare batteries with gsmarena, where 640 has 76hrs endurance while 950 has only 48hrs endurance. I know that they measured 640 running win8.1 and 950 running w10m so now my question is- is there a chance that 640 and 950 could have similar score running the same w10m build?

What do you think?????:sweaty:
You must know, bigger display always consume lot of juice. If you're using the phone for day to day needs, I think you'll not see any differences whilst comparing both 640 and 950. But, 950 comes with lot of security features and brings a close to PC experience with Continuum. IMO, I'd say, its wise to keep both, if in case something happens; You can switch back to other phone without much downtime and loss of data.

adigawi

Jul 28, 2015
Visit site
Thanks, keeping both is a good idea indeed, especially when 640 is soooo cheap, probably it's not worth selling it...
How about other concerns from my threat? The main reason to switch is probably a chance to work faster ( ram and cpu...!) but in a real life is it noticeable like WOOW THIS IS A GOOD PHONE!!!

WayCool

Dec 30, 2010
Visit site
Thanks, keeping both is a good idea indeed, especially when 640 is soooo cheap, probably it's not worth selling it...
How about other concerns from my threat? The main reason to switch is probably a chance to work faster ( ram and cpu...!) but in a real life is it noticeable like WOOW THIS IS A GOOD PHONE!!!

I just switched from a 640 which worked great.. to a 950. And yes WOW ! This is a GOOD PHONE! Huge difference IMO. Speed of everything is faster on the 950.. Camera is stupid good.. cannot even think about comparing it to the 640. Hello is NICE and works well IMO. Screen is beautiful and stunning compared to 640.

Pretty much.. there is no comparing the two.

Anyone need a 640? ;)

Oh.. haven't tried continuum yet... ;)

adigawi

Jul 28, 2015
Visit site
I just switched from a 640 which worked great.. to a 950. And yes WOW ! This is a GOOD PHONE! Huge difference IMO. Speed of everything is faster on the 950.. Camera is stupid good.. cannot even think about comparing it to the 640. Hello is NICE and works well IMO. Screen is beautiful and stunning compared to 640.

Pretty much.. there is no comparing the two.

Anyone need a 640? ;)

Oh.. haven't tried continuum yet... ;)

Thanks, just bought a surface 3 lte, so 950 should be great addition to this. I will check prices and decide between new from store or unused from "somebody"...

camaroz1985

Sep 29, 2011
Visit site
I don't think you will have any regrets. I still have my 640 and use it to test the fast ring releases, but the 950 is a great phone. Even if you only occasionally take pictures the camera is one of the biggest selling points for me, and everything runs so much faster and smoother compared to the 640. The 640 performance is acceptable, but the 950 really is great.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ayven