Absolutely love this phone

Krystianpants

Sep 2, 2014
Visit site
I have the brown stitched mozo case for my 950xl. I like the feel of the leather and it definitely has a nice grip to it so less likely to slip. However, It does add a bit of weight and bulk to the phone. You may also try their new wood covers. But I do prefer the look of the black original cover as it wraps around the screen nicely and blends in really well with a nice matte black finish. If mozo made an all black case that blended into the phone I would prefer it. The problem is that the trim sticks out and ruins the appeal of having the cover behind the screen which makes it look really nice.

nynamyna

Dec 25, 2012
Visit site
I am assuming Signal was joking, but in case he/she/it/gender pronoun wasn't. Don't dare go on any ring other than production.
Yes..i wouldn't on my 950xl because I am loving it's experience. I had insider build on my Lumia 1520 but accidentally updated to Redstone build and it was very bad. So I reverted it back to production build.

el5egundo

May 10, 2016
Visit site
Same here. L950 DS , excellent phone. With Mozo gen lether all Black ( without chrome and other kitch stuff ) looks and Works like a real Batman phone :D

Jesse Venables

Dec 28, 2014
Visit site
Is it just me or does anyone else feel with the US/Canada having a BOGO free Promo, it really cheapens the phone?

Considering I'm in Australia and Microsoft still want $990 for this phone (XL) outright... No way. I'll wait for Surface phone or jump to another platform before I pay that much money.

Sorry Microsoft

nynamyna

Dec 25, 2012
Visit site
Is it just me or does anyone else feel with the US/Canada having a BOGO free Promo, it really cheapens the phone?

Considering I'm in Australia and Microsoft still want $990 for this phone (XL) outright... No way. I'll wait for Surface phone or jump to another platform before I pay that much money.

Sorry Microsoft

I feel that this phone is worth the full money. But I cannot comment on it as I bought it in BOGO. I gave 950 to my dad and he is extremely happy too. I think it all comes down to what you want in your phone. If you think you would enjoy this phone, you should buy it. I don't know about return policy in AUS, try it and return it if you are not impressed.

Matthew Fifer

Sep 23, 2013
Visit site
I have had the phone since release (pre-ordered, picked up on Thanksgiving Eve) and while I love the phone I do have gripes with it (more with W10M, but some with the phone). For starters the phone heats up a LOT more than they advertised with the "dual-liquid cooling" system. If I play any game (graphically intensive or otherwise) for more than about 10 minutes, the bottom half of the phone (opposite end of the camera) gets quite warm. It's not intolerable as it's a plastic backing rather than metal but its a bit uncomfortable. Secondly the phone does have creeky corners. I know this can be fixed with one of the mozo cases, but I have not been able to get one yet (I want the white leather and cannot seem to get it anywhere yet). These are my only real gripes with the phone itself which is why I still love it.

Now my issues with W10M, randomly apps that have worked great will just stop working or start bugging out (with no updates to the UI or the app). Take for instance, Netflix only works about 40% of the time for me since moving on from 8.1. It either won't even open or will not load a video/randomly close. It's very frustrating when it takes over an hour to watch a single 30 minute sitcom. Next the eye scanner is super inefficient. I have followed the advice of others and focused it in different lighting to try and hone it but I can still usually type in my pin before it finds me every time. My email issue I previously had was fixed so that is no longer a problem but it was still a major problem for me when it was present. My final issue....Loading....It's not super often but I have been getting the "Loading..." screen when trying to go back to Start on some occasions. It's always coming off of something different and never has it occurred from the same thing twice.

Like I said though, I do love the phone and WM, but it is not everything I hoped for. I will be happy with this phone until next year at least. If the Surface phone happens and releases...I will be getting rid of this immediately!

bitterblood

Feb 12, 2014
Visit site
Awesome! Now I wished I would have gotten the bogo when i had the chance. I am a 1520 user and I felt the same as you did initially...hope i can find one cheap online.

Jesse Venables

Dec 28, 2014
Visit site
I feel that this phone is worth the full money. But I cannot comment on it as I bought it in BOGO. I gave 950 to my dad and he is extremely happy too. I think it all comes down to what you want in your phone. If you think you would enjoy this phone, you should buy it. I don't know about return policy in AUS, try it and return it if you are not impressed.

Microsoft Australia also do the Free Returns but it's also Microsoft who charge the most out of all sellers. Parallel Imports are half the price!

Chintan Gohel

May 23, 2014
Visit site

Sorry Microsoft

As I understand it. the boy one get one free offer was meant for clearing slow moving stock. This offer could go to other countries as well or the prices could come down a lot. I read somewhere the price in UK went down to 350 pounds when it was at more than 450. So there's some hope for you in Australia

Will Gilliland

Jan 6, 2015
Visit site
Agreed, this post is so refreshing. When I finally got the gumption to take advantage of the BOGO, I was too late. I have a Lumia 640 and the increased speed and camera on the 950(XL) won me over at the Microsoft store. I just couldn't pull the trigger without the BOGO deal. I guess I'll wait for a half-price sale.

fredie12

Nov 18, 2012
Visit site
Had my 950xl a month now with a Mozo flip case and both are excellent no problems apart from .218 update not installing but .318 installed smoothly what can I say great screen great camera great UI what more do you need!

Jesse Venables

Dec 28, 2014
Visit site
Good to see Optus Australia bring back the free Xbox with the $80AUD plan. However who wants to pay that much for 24 months when the Xbox one could be superseded next month?

Y C Neo

Mar 5, 2014
Visit site
I've had a 950 for two months and love it. It now has a Mozo black cover and clear gel case to protect it. It's a great phone, at least for me.

Hi, do your clear gel case fit perfectly over the mozo back case, or the two long sides being push outward due to the extra thickness of moza case?
Could you share the made and the link to buy one? thanks.

Edit: forget what I asked, I just noticed that you're using 950, not the 950 XL, thanks.

nynamyna

Dec 25, 2012
Visit site
Today I got the mozo black with metal. It looks awesome. I keep switching between black, brown and the original white. I am still waiting for the cheap colorful ones. Also, I read a comment in one of the posts that hello will improve recognition if I try improve recognition again and again. I tried it and I already feel that hello is very fast in unlocking.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kuyhaa