Permanently stuck in headphone mode.

perseides

Dec 13, 2012
Visit site
I need help with a problem.

I know that there is tonnes of problems with nokia Lumia 930 headphone jack/microphone.
I'm currently not sure what is the problem with my phone. Previously I noticed that due to the headphone jack, I am always stuck in headphone mode. No matter how many times i reinsert the headphone jack its keeps just keep stuck on the headphone mode. ( this can be confirmed as - when i change the volume, it changes the 'headphone' volume.)

Another issue is the mic cant hear me. No matter what I do, the phone cannot detect any sound. I'm not sure if this is isolated mic problem or tied to the headphones.

Hard resetting this wont fix anything.
Tried using a needle to poke the headphones jack pins?? (not sure but changes nth).

Anyone please help me with this problem?

(Rant : All my smartphone experience are with Windows phones. First was HTC 8x and the 2nd was Lumia930, which both had been plaqued with issues after issues. If this is really caused by hardware prob by Lumia, its goodbye to wp.)

perseides

Dec 13, 2012
Visit site
Even connecting to a wireless bluetooth speaker is also pointless as the stupid phone still detects as it is connected to a headphone.

Some1 help plz?

11B1P

Sep 5, 2011
Visit site
This was a common issue with iPhones back a couple years ago. Inserting back and forth was a trick to try and get the phone out of headphone mode. Another trick was to take a toothbrush bristle and try cleaning out the top mic hole. Then if those failed, it was just a bad headphone jack that needed to be replaced.
Sounds like you've tried inserting a headphone plug back and forth. You don't have a mic hole at the top to clean out and sounds like you've tried to hard reset it. At this point, my guess is a bad headphone jack, which is a replaceable part.

http://forums.windowscentral.com/nokia-lumia-icon/396235-changing-icons-battery.html

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
velocityxs