Interop unlock DTtw & lock screen timer?

midnightfrolic

Aug 2, 2015
Visit site
I've been fiddling with the interop reg editor. I have been able to successfully enable the lock screen timer option 'never' so that the 950xl will never go to lock screen. Tested to work.

I have been able to make the unit display the toggle option Double Tap to Wake under the touch settings, but it does not work. The toggle on/off is there but the unit does not respond to double tapping. I am wondering if it is disabled via firmware. Can anyone confirm? Side note, there is another reg entry to enable wake feature, but seems to be locked as I cannot make the change stick. Maybe this is the ticket.

I have upvoted the Dttw feature in the feedback hub.

Anyone found a way to unlock full file system access yet? Or at least use custom hosts files? I have been checking with XDA, but the unlocks were carryovers from win phone 8. They all use xap files and I cannot get the 950xl to install them for the life of me.

Summer_Moon

Sep 16, 2014
Visit site
I've been fiddling with the interop reg editor. I have been able to successfully enable the lock screen timer option 'never' so that the 950xl will never go to lock screen. Tested to work.

I have been able to make the unit display the toggle option Double Tap to Wake under the touch settings, but it does not work. The toggle on/off is there but the unit does not respond to double tapping. I am wondering if it is disabled via firmware. Can anyone confirm? Side note, there is another reg entry to enable wake feature, but seems to be locked as I cannot make the change stick. Maybe this is the ticket.

I have upvoted the Dttw feature in the feedback hub.

Anyone found a way to unlock full file system access yet? Or at least use custom hosts files? I have been checking with XDA, but the unlocks were carryovers from win phone 8. They all use xap files and I cannot get the 950xl to install them for the life of me.

Where did you find these registry entries at? I have searched everywhere that I could think of for the never option on the lock screen and never found it. I did find the same DttW entry that won't let you change the value (remains at 0), but I never actually got the toggle to show up. Where did you find that one at?

midnightfrolic

Aug 2, 2015
Visit site
Where did you find these registry entries at? I have searched everywhere that I could think of for the never option on the lock screen and never found it. I did find the same DttW entry that won't let you change the value (remains at 0), but I never actually got the toggle to show up. Where did you find that one at?

Last option

wp_ss_20160518_0001.jpg

midnightfrolic

Aug 2, 2015
Visit site
FYI, that option from your screenshot IsDoubleTapOffEnabled I am pretty sure is for the double tap of the navigation bar to turn the screen off.

Good point. Did you ever get the toggle to double tap to wake to appear?

I am on Insider build if that helps. I will do some more digging when I have time.

Summer_Moon

Sep 16, 2014
Visit site
Try here to see if DTTW shows up. You may need to add the entry "Enabled", then edit it

View attachment 126683

Well I did get the toggle to show up in Touch now (thanks!). So now need to find the entry to actually enable the DTTW. I think it might be in HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\TOUCH\Settings\FF and entry EnableWakeupGesture. It's set to a 0 currently, but I can't overwrite the value. I have tried multiple times and if I do it from the Registry Editor section it says error writing value.

wp_ss_20160523_0001.jpg

midnightfrolic

Aug 2, 2015
Visit site
Well I did get the toggle to show up in Touch now (thanks!). So now need to find the entry to actually enable the DTTW. I think it might be in HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\TOUCH\Settings\FF and entry EnableWakeupGesture. It's set to a 0 currently, but I can't overwrite the value. I have tried multiple times and if I do it from the Registry Editor section it says error writing value.

View attachment 126700

Yeah, I've tried editing all those entries but no luck. They're not available to edit. I believe those entries are locked down still.

Vlad Spatariu

Apr 14, 2016
Visit site
Being a big fan of double tap to wake, and missing it on my Lumia 950 (had it on Lumia 925 and 930), I'm pretty sure that this is firmware specific, as in order for it to work properly, the hardware must behave differently (aka screen off but always having the touchscreen digitizer running with a bit of current in it all the time). My theory is that the firmwares for the new Lumia devices that came with WM10 are made from scratch, and Microsoft decided/had to for technical reasons abandon a lot of legacy code that was written by the Nokia devs for the devices that were released under the Nokia brand. Or maybe they simply do not have access to it legally as maybe this was not transferred forward to MS during the acquisition process of Nokias' mobile branch and they have to recreate it from the ground up due to popular demand. We need to remember that the firmware used in Nokia Lumias was created by an entirely different team. The UI for this is there simply because this is a general build of WM10 and some devices have dttw. :)

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kuyhaa