Battery life on 950 Xl with Redstone builds

Nagesh Boppana

Apr 5, 2013
Visit site
Hi Guys,

Thinking of getting Redstone build on my brand new 950 xl. Any pointers on battery life with Redstone build? How is it compared to threshold build?

Thanks,

xandros9

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
One thing to note is that it can be very inconsistent, so one persons experience doesn't necessarily mean yours will be the same. Battery life may be stellar, but you might have broken SMS. (I'm slightly exaggerating, but my points made)

I will only do it if you can afford to erase your phone. if need be.

Paul1266

Oct 29, 2014
Visit site
What Xandros says is correct. Experience can differ. For what it's worth, it seems good on my 950xl. No different to the current threshold build from my experience. I flipped back to Redstone from .318 and didn't hard reset. Pretty happy overall.

Ryujingt3

Nov 13, 2013
Visit site
It seems that with the latest build that was just released on the Fast Ring my 950XL battery can be three quarters empty in about three hours after a full charge, with the device warm to the touch too despite no heavy use. I guess the experience can vary per user but otherwise I am happy with the performance.

Summer_Moon

Sep 16, 2014
Visit site
Each day is like a bet for how quickly the battery will drain :)

Some days it's terrific! Other days it's just abysmal. So even the experience can vary with the same user. However, for the most part my battery gets me through the day from 6am-10pm with approximately 20-25% left when I place it back on the charger.

Krystianpants

Sep 2, 2014
Visit site
If you don't mind putting in some time, go for it. If you have problems you can always roll back using the WDRT tool which you can download from Microsoft.

Mine does eat battery more than usual, but only during usage scenarios. Idle it stays pretty high the whole time.

Ryujingt3

Nov 13, 2013
Visit site
If it helps, after my battery nearly died after just five hours I went and uninstalled applications I no longer wanted.

These included Engadget and Microsoft Ringtone Maker and now the battery life is much improved.

Gadgetman110

Nov 8, 2012
Visit site
Mine became HORRIBLE 2 days ago. It is on a charger all night and LOSING power. Today I woke up to 22%. I have no idea what is going on. Seems to charge up okay during the day so maybe it has something to do with quite time?

mranieri

Aug 20, 2013
Visit site
Do you guys have the Battery app installed? It gives some great feedback on battery and issues......I average about 8% drain per hour under fairly heavy use....not bad. I typically have Pandora playing while using Waze and Bluetooth.

Nagesh Boppana

Apr 5, 2013
Visit site
Thanks to all of you for the inputs. I have Redstone build on my lumia 1520 and i like it (battery life is good). I want to try Redstone on my primary phone.

Let's see what happens :)

dav75

Jan 12, 2015
Visit site
On the 14342.1003 build, I'm using a nokia 930 & the this build is draining the phone's in a matter of two hours. Phone is always overheating is dangerous really. Anyone else having the same issues with this build on a Nokia 930? I hope Microsoft fixes this ASAPlease. I do need it fixed as soon as possible, like everyone else having this issue

Ryujingt3

Nov 13, 2013
Visit site
On the 14342.1003 build, I'm using a nokia 930 & the this build is draining the phone's in a matter of two hours. Phone is always overheating is dangerous really. Anyone else having the same issues with this build on a Nokia 930? I hope Microsoft fixes this ASAPlease. I do need it fixed as soon as possible, like everyone else having this issue

Happens to me on my 950XL.

Gadgetman110

Nov 8, 2012
Visit site
My 950XL discharges down to like 15% while I'm sleeping AND it's on a charger! I did a total hard reset yesterday and no change. It loses charge crazy fast during the day....sometimes...and sometimes it seems okay.

Ryujingt3

Nov 13, 2013
Visit site
Has anyone else had any improvement since the latest build that was released today?

My 950XL, after updating, is warm to the touch again with three quarters of the battery gone and Start being the biggest battery hog (18%).

rickt1

Dec 1, 2015
Visit site
I find if the phone is hot to touch it is stuck in some sort of software loop and you have to pull the battery for about 10 seconds then it cools down and the battery life goes back to normal. this usually happens to me the day of aa new build.

Sipho94

Mar 29, 2013
Visit site
I noticed a battery improvement after going from the production 10586 build to the latest .1004 Redstone build.

I think Redstone is better optimized for the x50 series of Lumia's, I noticed performance improvements as well as standby battery life improvements.

Posted from Windows Central for Windows 10

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
powerupgo