Icon + WM10 + Bluetooth link to cars + read & reply to text using voice

Steds61

Jan 21, 2015
Visit site
When Nokia Icon was running WM8.1 I had great functionality with Bluetooth on two cars (2014 Acura MDX and 2014 VW Beetle) including ability to have incoming texts read to me and ability to reply using voice.

Upgraded to WM10 and lost these functions plus lost control over music via Bluetooth on head-unit and steering wheel on both cars.

Is this a bug or did MS drop some Bluetooth functionality that really was a great WM8.1 function?

chefster74

May 31, 2013
Visit site
It's things l read like this that will keep me from installing anything but a finished product, if there ever is such a thing, lol.

jayblazer

Feb 18, 2014
Visit site
Cortana< hamburger in top left< notebook< settings< scroll down to "Read incoming text messages aloud" select your preference.. Your welcome...

Steds61

Jan 21, 2015
Visit site
I found the "Read incoming text messages aloud" setting under Setting in Cortana, not in the Notebook section. It was already set to "Always on" but Icon has never read any message to me. Thanks for pointing me towards this but appears to be a another issue...

baddog240z

Jun 10, 2016
Visit site
For me to get it to work, I had to delete the phone from my car's Bluetooth setup, delete it from the phone, reboot the phone, turn the car off and on, and re-pair the phone. I think I also tried changing the setting to read texts aloud, rebooted the phone, and changed it back.

It worked after that, but not consistently. I have been experiencing a lot of other Bluetooth problems besides this. I am on the Slow ring....

ricardp23

Dec 30, 2014
Visit site
+1. This is the reason I had to switch back from w10 to 8.1. My Icon was having the same exact issue. It would work maybe once and then stop working either not giving me a notification or just choosing not to pick up my voice command. Sometimes it would work better if the screen was unlocked...

It seemed to me it was somehow tied to my car's ability to read text messages and give notifications. If I chose to turn off the car's ability to access contacts and messages it would seem to let the feature work again. The issue is that on the build at the time contacts and messages are a single option and I want my contacts uploaded to my car. I think if they would allow you to select the individual settings, it might resolve the issue for my car at least (2014 Ford Fusion).

For me to get it to work, I had to delete the phone from my car's Bluetooth setup, delete it from the phone, reboot the phone, turn the car off and on, and re-pair the phone. I think I also tried changing the setting to read texts aloud, rebooted the phone, and changed it back.

It worked after that, but not consistently. I have been experiencing a lot of other Bluetooth problems besides this. I am on the Slow ring....

ricardp23

Dec 30, 2014
Visit site
Does anyone with the just released W10 upgrade version from Verizon still have this problem? I'd like to upgrade to the release build but I don't want to lose the Cortana functionality.

MA70mgte

Aug 25, 2011
Visit site
It's always read my messages out loud. I have the Chevrolet MyLink and now messages show up in the interface and I have the option to read (when not moving) or to have it read.

Soypan

Jul 13, 2013
Visit site
Sorry to revive an old thread but, can you stream music through MyLink from your w10m phone? I have a 950 xl and it only recognizes my car as a Voice device (which works good), but I can't stream music :(

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
graceevans