Question MSFT Lumia 640 on Metro PCS?

cowboy6201

Apr 26, 2012
Visit site
Anybody heard if Metro PCS is releasing Win 10 Mobile the Lumia 640?
My Brother in law has a 640 on metro I bought him I wanna let him know if he's getting Win 10 or not?

RumoredNow

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
Since the phone is on the eligible list, rather than waiting for carrier approval use Upgrade Advisor to get the Official release (RTM).

If he uses Insider on the Release Ring, the same version is fetched as the recent public Upgrade received by supported phones (10.0.10586.xxx):

After Upgrade he can use Insider and select Production to un-enroll the phone from Insider, but at least he has W10M. WaaS (Windows as a Service) will deliver future updates within Threshold to him without any Insider access required.

Or he could stay on the Release ring and get the next public version early as Release ring in effect is the RTM. This will deliver the most stable Redstone builds to him earlier than OTA push with minimal risk.

Check out this thread: Windows Insider Testing and You [Recommended Guidelines]

For right now, Windows Device Recovery Tool is only flashing 8.1 to models that did not launch with 10 so it is the way to revert if he doesn't care for W10M: How can I recover/reset/restore my phone software?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb