Any screen protectors for the 950XL that are compatible with ProClip?

beggehorn

Nov 26, 2011
Visit site
I was thrilled when I first installed my Incipio Plex Shield screen protector on my 950XL... until I slid it into my ProClip holder. Unfortunately, it instantly started lifting up the bottom corners and creates bubbles under the screen protector. Aparently, because of the very narrow bezel on this device, there isn't room on the sides for both the Incipio Plex Shield and ProClip to nicely coexist ;)

Hoping to find another user with the same combo of phone and car holder that has found a screen protector that will work. Anyone? I would like to stick with tempered glass but if that won't work I'd be willing to try something else.

Thanks!

anthonyng

Nov 29, 2012
Visit site
really? I'm still waiting to get a new holder to replace my "Large one" that I used for my 930. The 950XL is that annoying? There's not extra large universal one?

Sorry I have only questions and no answers for you haha

beggehorn

Nov 26, 2011
Visit site
Not annoyed with the 950xl at all ;)

I prefer the ProClip mount as it has wired charging built into the holder. I just slide my phone in and go...

I can't use a case to protect the phone though and that is why having a screen protector is important to me. Just need to find one that leaves a smidgen of room for the ProClip on the side edges.

I would also like to find an easy to install/remove rugged case for those times that I'll be outdoors (camping, etc.). The camera grip on my retired 1020 worked great for that! Been looking at the Rugged Dual layer cases (ie. Amzer) and am tempted. I wonder how easy they are to take on and off?

anthonyng

Nov 29, 2012
Visit site
I prefer the ProClip mount as it has wired charging built into the holder. I just slide my phone in and go...

Yea I have a proclip for my 930 (large adjustable, not the specific 930 one) and annoyed the 950xl didn't quite fit lol Was supposed to try to shave off a few mm but I haven't gotten around to trying that :D

PGrey

Sep 2, 2013
Visit site
Not annoyed with the 950xl at all ;)

I can't use a case to protect the phone though and that is why having a screen protector is important to me. Just need to find one that leaves a smidgen of room for the ProClip on the side edges.

I would also like to find an easy to install/remove rugged case for those times that I'll be outdoors (camping, etc.). The camera grip on my retired 1020 worked great for that! Been looking at the Rugged Dual layer cases (ie. Amzer) and am tempted. I wonder how easy they are to take on and off?

I use a TPU case, which is fairly decent protection, and it comes on/off in a couple of seconds.

I also have a Nillkin glass screen protector, and use a device almost identical to the ProClip (at least it looks almost identical, I don't have a side-by-side), in that it also grips around the edges like that.
I suspect though, that' if I didn't have my think TPU case (which wraps just slightly around the front edges), that it might peel even the Nillkin protector, eventually.
Why can't you use a case?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nathanboro12