I cannot get any app for my Lumia 1020 from the Windows Phone App Store

Austim

Oct 13, 2014
Visit site
Bad News.

After all that, having installed and run the WDRT, I am STILL getting the message that the apps do not work on my device.

Chintan Gohel

May 23, 2014
Visit site
Bad News.

After all that, having installed and run the WDRT, I am STILL getting the message that the apps do not work on my device.

just to confirm, region, date, time and timezone are all correct, right?
if Pankaj's solution does not work, a service centre is the last hope

Austim

Oct 13, 2014
Visit site
Good news (sort of....)
I now know that the problem has nothing whatsoever with my phone or my MS account.

Today I had access to my son's laptop, and was able to verify what I was beginning to think - the problem lies somewhere in my own computer. On the laptop, we were able to sign into my MS account and start to download an App. I am confident that I will now track the problem to its source.

So again, thanks to you all for your expert advice - I'm just sorry that I started us all on the wrong track in the first place.

Chintan Gohel

May 23, 2014
Visit site
Good news (sort of....)
I now know that the problem has nothing whatsoever with my phone or my MS account.

Today I had access to my son's laptop, and was able to verify what I was beginning to think - the problem lies somewhere in my own computer. On the laptop, we were able to sign into my MS account and start to download an App. I am confident that I will now track the problem to its source.

So again, thanks to you all for your expert advice - I'm just sorry that I started us all on the wrong track in the first place.

keep us posted on what happens next so we can help the next person with a similar problem :wink:

Peribanu

Sep 6, 2014
Visit site
I can't see what your computer could have to do with it. Earlier on you mentioned using "a different browser" (Opera) and now you mention accessing the store through your son's laptop. Are you accessing the Windows Store through a browser rather than using the in-built Store app on your phone? By the way, I have Windows 10 running on my Lumia 1020, and find the latest "release preview" build is very smooth, fewer "Resuming" screens than on 8.1, better battery life in standby, but slightly poorer battery life when actively using the phone. Photos are fine with Lumia Camera. If you use your phone to record video, note that there is a bug which makes the phone record only in mono on Windows 10 (I never record videos so it's not big deal for me).

fusionfan

Jun 28, 2016
Visit site
Hi! I have the same problem on my Lumia 930, win 10.0.10586.420.
I get the message "This app does not work on your device".
Cannot install anything from edge (lot of apps redirect here for promotions etc.) It does work from the builtin store app though.
Also unable to sign up for Windows Insider - according to the app my phone is not supported, but it should be.
Any ideas?

ven07

Jan 27, 2014
Visit site
Hi! I have the same problem on my Lumia 930, win 10.0.10586.420.
I get the message "This app does not work on your device".
Cannot install anything from edge (lot of apps redirect here for promotions etc.) It does work from the builtin store app though.
Also unable to sign up for Windows Insider - according to the app my phone is not supported, but it should be.
Any ideas?

There are some apps that will not work on your device. Which app gives you that error?

What do you mean you can install anything from Edge? if you're on a website and it tells you to install sth, DON'T do it. Edge has code which makes websites think that an android phone is visiting the site. So the site offers to install an app. Even if you have an android device, it's not recommended to install apps like that.

Which error do you get when trying to sign up for windows insider?

btw as far as I can tell, your problem is very different from that of the OP..

Anamnesis

Nov 17, 2015
Visit site
Bit late to this party, but it seems the two issues here were trying to download apps remotely to the phone from the windows app store website (access from a PC or Laptop). This definitely won't work for any device that is not running Windows 10. You can only download apps for Windows 8.1 devices directly from the Windows Store App on the device itself.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Carnes