Verizon discontinues Visual Voicemail on the ICON, 822, 928...

DavidinCT

Feb 18, 2011
Visit site
So, if you sub to $2.99 visual voice mail from Verizon and your on the phones on this list, you will get convered to a basic voice mail.

This starts in July.

$2.99 Visual Voice Mail Service Will Be Discontinued on 782016 | Verizon Wireless

Here are the phones that it will be affecting...

Phones Affected by the 782016 $2.99 Visual Voice Mail Discontinuation | Verizon Wireless

For Nokia models, ICON, 928, 822 and 2520

I guess for ICON users, at least for me, it was no big loss, the VV app for Windows Phone was junk, crashed, never showed new voicemails (for me at least). Just tons of problems.

Also, we were paying $2.99 for entry Visual Voice mail when Android and iOS got a basic Visual voice mail for free. Gota love Verizon's support for WIndows Phone

YoDaMic

Feb 13, 2013
Visit site
Yeah Verizon's a buncha bastards. I use ISeeVM for free. Works pretty decent and has paid subscriptions for transcriptions. It uses YouMail services.

Kevin Rush

Aug 11, 2010
Visit site
We've had 20 plus years with both Microsoft and Verizon. Verizon is forcing us to choose. Verizon is a pipe, a good pipe, but Microsoft writes the OS and the software for doing "business". Microsoft treats its business customers fairly with reasonable choices and pricing. Microsoft is innovating. Verizon is blocking its customers and removing value features.
We will be testing services available from other service providers.

Last edited:

David Fleetwood

Nov 15, 2012
Visit site
Not a huge loss, it was a terrible app. I've just been using Google Voice and pinned the site to my start screen. Its not ideal, and I'd rather not be on Google anything, but its better than VZ's VVM.

Shamshi-Adad

Jun 4, 2016
Visit site
Me too. It's free and it works well on my icon. Even the Win10 app works very nicely.

I gotta get that! Does it have ads? Much battery draw?
Peace. Alan

MS Lumia ICON 929 [Win10 M Insider Preview, Redstone 14379.0]

ps I GOT IT! IT'S GREAT! And I don't need the Premium; greater!
Thank you folks.

Last edited:

Shamshi-Adad

Jun 4, 2016
Visit site
I gotta get that! Does it have ads? Much battery draw?
Peace. Alan

MS Lumia ICON 929 [Win10 M Insider Preview, Redstone 14379.0]

ps I GOT IT! IT'S GREAT! And I don't need the Premium; greater!
Thank you folks.
Well... I found it incredibly invasive. About 5 days was all I could take. Uninstalled.

Peace. Alan
MS Lumia ICON 929 [Win10 M, Insider Preview, Redstone 14393.67]

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
COME ON WIN ANDROID (ADI)