Windows Camera App issue on my Lumia 640 XL

Dato Zaqariashvili

Jun 28, 2014
Visit site
After Windows 10 mobile upgrade, camera app issue got a big trouble for me. HDR and Living images don't work. They are 100 % unusable. Does anybody has the same problem? Reset doesn't solve this. I've tried it 4 times.

Dato Zaqariashvili

Jun 28, 2014
Visit site
it doesn't solve this. i did it 2 days ago. no doubt, MS must pay proper attantion to windows camera app on upgraded lumia smartphones. i've read , lumia 730 da 640 users have such problem.

Chintan Gohel

May 23, 2014
Visit site
it doesn't solve this. i did it 2 days ago. no doubt, MS must pay proper attantion to windows camera app on upgraded lumia smartphones. i've read , lumia 730 da 640 users have such problem.

the hard reset didn't work?
Can you check what OS version you're on? Go to settings > system > about > OS build

Chintan Gohel

May 23, 2014
Visit site
hard reset feature works very well, but doesn't fix this issue. OS is windows 10 mobile 10.0.10586.318 (non-insider).

not sure what you can do since all seems okay in terms of update
Last option would be to use windows device recovery tool to get back to windows phone 8.1 and then upgrade again - it might solve the issue as it would be fresh install

Dato Zaqariashvili

Jun 28, 2014
Visit site
I did it as you told me, but i've found the main reason. if i use SD card as a default camera storage, it will corrupt captured HDR photo and also saving/processing time is rather long. if I use internal storage as a default, everything works fine. i have 2 very fast class 10 sd card from leading brands without any issue. i checked both. reason is what I am talking about. i will wait to upcoming OS and app updates.

Chintan Gohel

May 23, 2014
Visit site
I did it as you told me, but i've found the main reason. if i use SD card as a default camera storage, it will corrupt captured HDR photo and also saving/processing time is rather long. if I use internal storage as a default, everything works fine. i have 2 very fast class 10 sd card from leading brands without any issue. i checked both. reason is what I am talking about. i will wait to upcoming OS and app updates.

glad you found the solution, I hadn't thought of sd card issues :grincry:

Dato Zaqariashvili

Jun 28, 2014
Visit site
new update 10586.420 fixed this issue " if i use SD card as a default camera storage, it will corrupt captured HDR photo and also saving/processing time is rather long. if I use internal storage as a default, everything works fine. i have 2 very fast class 10 sd card from leading brands without any issue." now i can use freely SD card as a default camera storage.

medeirosdez

Jun 17, 2016
Visit site
Sir, hold your statements for a while. You are ONE user whom might not have faced the issue anymore. You cannot expect to represent everybody else. I, for one, am STILL facing the same issue, even after build 10586.420. Indeed, choosing internal storage for pictures allowed me to successfully capture two HDR photos so far, but switching to SDcard still does NOT work.

I want to note this problem simply did NOT exist on Windows 8.1. It's completely new to Win10.

medeirosdez

Jun 17, 2016
Visit site
Dear Mr. Gohel, I want to say that I have tried not once, but several times to do a complete reset of my phone. I have even reverted back to Windows 8.1 and gone through the upgrade process to Windows 10 again. By the way, today there was an update available for the Camera app, which is now version 2016.404.191.0. HDR, previously Rich Capture, has NEVER, EVER worked on Windows 10 Mobile. All the way from build 10586.0 to build 10586.420, with all Camera App versions released, Rich Capture NEVER worked, whether saving to internal storage or SDcard.

That being said, however, I have just tested saving to internal storage and I managed to successfully capture 2 (two) pictures in HDR, but as soon as I switch to SDcard, it stops working again. And I want to note: I captured TWO pictures with success, which is by far NOT conclusive at all, more testing must be done to confirm it works at least on internal storage. For now, I still consider the feature BROKEN as it has ALWAYS been on 640XL + Win10.

Last edited:

Dato Zaqariashvili

Jun 28, 2014
Visit site
i've checked once again. sd card is default camera storage. HDR isn't working after 4 - 5 shots. restart your phone and do it again. i couldn't do this on previous 10586.318 versioan, even 1 hdr photo. 4 - 5 is enough for me, maybe much. don't forget, this system isn't made for hdr burst shooting, even old WP 8.1 too.

Fire 29

Nov 27, 2014
Visit site
What is the possibility of this issue springing up in my 640XL when I upgrade it to windows 10 mobile through the upgrade advisor app?

medeirosdez

Jun 17, 2016
Visit site
i've checked once again. sd card is default camera storage. HDR isn't working after 4 - 5 shots. restart your phone and do it again. i couldn't do this on previous 10586.318 versioan, even 1 hdr photo. 4 - 5 is enough for me, maybe much. don't forget, this system isn't made for hdr burst shooting, even old WP 8.1 too.

I had no such limit on my phone with Windows 8.1. When you couldn't take more photos, it would just say "Saving..." until it was done.
You'll have to agree with me that we're far from being able to say HDR has been fixed on Windows 10 if after a few shots you have to reboot your phone to get it to work again.. that is without mentioning the fact we had to already switch to internal storage as a workaround.

Lousy job from Microsoft..

medeirosdez

Jun 17, 2016
Visit site
What is the possibility of this issue springing up in my 640XL when I upgrade it to windows 10 mobile through the upgrade advisor app?

100%. The problem can always be reproduced. It has been confirmed by several 640XL users and, yet, no one gives a damn. Microsoft is the one who cares the least.

Chintan Gohel

May 23, 2014
Visit site
100%. The problem can always be reproduced. It has been confirmed by several 640XL users and, yet, no one gives a damn. Microsoft is the one who cares the least.

you have the option to stay on 8.1 until such a time the HDR feature is fixed. You can also go the other way - go to a fast insider build and check if the HDR feature works there or not.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BevitalGlucoPremium