Why doesn't my PC see my Lumia 640?

• Thread starter Windows Central Question
  • Start date
W

Windows Central Question

i connect my phone to pc by usb cable,phone is charging but pc dont see my device.cant conect to pc.

pkcable

VR Expert
Jul 3, 2009
Visit site
Perhaps try another cable? Also try using a different USB port, if you are using the ones in the front, try using the ones in the back, or vice versa. :)

Also try restarting BOTH devices, the phone and the PC. :)

rhapdog

Retired Senior Ambassador
Aug 26, 2014
Visit site
There is something everyone should understand about USB cables.

Some are sold as "Charging Cables," some are sold as "Data Cables," and some are sold as "Charging/Data Cables."

There is a difference at times. Some of the "charging cables" that come with certain chargers will do only that. They only have the wires connected required for charging and do not contain the actual data wires, so a computer will not see anything, but will send a charge.

Data Cables are required to have both charging and data capability, so the other 2 labeling methods are actually the same, because a data cable is also a charging cable.

Many charging cables will also carry data. Some do not. To test it on your PC, use a cable that you know for sure works for data. If your phone is seen, then your other cable is a "charging only" cable. I located all my cables that were "charging only" and threw them out, as I find them useless. When I grab a cable, I need it to do it all. I bought some good quality cables on Amazon and never looked back.

Hope this helps further.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
velocityxs