Lumia 950 XL update problem, it keeps saying your phone is up to date?

naderattar

Jun 18, 2016
Visit site
lumia 950 xl update problem, it keep saying your phone is up to date

Hi guys, I've recently bought a lumia 950 xl which came with the build 10586.0, but every time i check for update it says your device is up to date. the last official update for the device 10586.420
what should i do?
please help me

Chintan Gohel

May 23, 2014
Visit site
Re: lumia 950 xl update problem, it keep saying your phone is up to date

I had responded before, did you try my suggestions?

try a soft reset and then check for updates (soft reset is just a restart)
If that doesn't work - Use windows insider to get updates - enrol to insider program, download windows insider app, sign in and select release ring - follow instructions and then check back with us

NightOrchid

Sep 16, 2013
Visit site
Re: lumia 950 xl update problem, it keep saying your phone is up to date

Did you buy your XL brand new or pre-owned.. if its Pre-owned, someone may have made a mess of updating it...

You can download the latest "WindowsDeviceRecoveryTool" and try to Roll-Back to the last OS.. if that fails.. Im afraid youll have to flash the rom for your regon again.. go here:

Tutorial | Microsoft Lumia devices and Nokia?€? | Windows 10 Development and Hacking

If your at all Unsure about flashing.. DONT do it, its not for the faint of heart.. :)

My XL was BNIB, but still Pre-owned, first thing I did was used the REcovery Tool, then updated to 420. I know Windows is a locked platform and not as "hackable" as Android, but I still Erase and Re-Flash any Pre-owned phone I buy

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Brilliantick99