Apparent Battery Issues

Alex Rodriguez Jr.

Feb 16, 2011
Visit site
Hi guys, I need a bit of help.

I bought my girlfriend a 950 a few months back. All was going extremely well with the device until a couple of weeks ago. The device will not stay on for longer than 2 minutes - and this is on a good attempt. It will stay on while on the OEM charger, but won't stay on using aftermarket chargers.

This makes me think it is a battery issue. What gets me is how sudden it started. I don't want to take the device to AT&T and get a refurbished one in return.

Do you guys have any ideas other than battery? If you agree it sounds like the battery, is there a way to get a replacement without getting the phone replaced?

Thanks!

Chintan Gohel

May 23, 2014
Visit site

I bought my girlfriend a 950 a few months back. All was going extremely well with the device until a couple of weeks ago. The device will not stay on for longer than 2 minutes - and this is on a good attempt. It will stay on while on the OEM charger, but won't stay on using aftermarket chargers.

This makes me think it is a battery issue. What gets me is how sudden it started. I don't want to take the device to AT&T and get a refurbished one in return.

Do you guys have any ideas other than battery? If you agree it sounds like the battery, is there a way to get a replacement without getting the phone replaced?

Thanks!

have you tried buying an extra battery? The battery is removable hence you can replace it on your own
And you could also go to the telcom and ask them what they can do. If they replace the battery for you, you would save the expenses in buying it yourself. It's under warranty, isn't it?

Alex Rodriguez Jr.

Feb 16, 2011
Visit site
Originally posted by Chintan Gohel
Originally Posted by Alex Rodriguez Jr.

Thanks!

have you tried buying an extra battery? The battery is removable hence you can replace it on your own
And you could also go to the telcom and ask them what they can do. If they replace the battery for you, you would save the expenses in buying it yourself. It's under warranty, isn't it?

Unfortunately, I have been unable to find a replacement battery. I also am worried about having to exchange the ENTIRE device for a battery as I do not want a refurbished device. If someone could point me a true, OEM replacement, I would be more than happy to try. The device is under warranty.

Last edited:

Alex Rodriguez Jr.

Feb 16, 2011
Visit site
Thank you for the responses. Does anyone have any non-replacement ideas? I can't seem to find an in stock battery. AT&T doesn't even carry the phone anymore, according to their customer service.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vascro