HDR lighting fail

gregsedwards

Sep 9, 2011
Visit site
When I take an HDR picture with my 1520 in Windows 10 Mobile (fast ring insider build now, but various insider and prod builds in the past), I get a generic "Something went wrong. Please try again." message when I try to choose the best lighting. Any ideas what might be the problem?

RumoredNow

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
Are you saving new pics to SD Card?

If so, change it to internal storage. This seems to clear up processing errors with camera, especially when using forced HDR.

I regularly use File Explorer to shift them back to SD after they accumulate.

The new Camera App seems to require a higher write speed than the SD card bus on many models.

gregsedwards

Sep 9, 2011
Visit site
Indeed, I am saving pics to the SD card. I'll try changing the default back to phone storage, but if that turns out to be the problem, then honestly I'm not sure I want to bother with moving files between the phone and storage. I'll probably just avoid using the feature until I get a new phone. You'd figure the Camera app would check specs like that prior to enabling the feature.

RumoredNow

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
I have a feeling the successive updates will slim Camera. Remember that they are doing a merge of the old Lumia Camera and Microsoft Camera codes and adding features.

With the amount of post processing I do on laptop now with my 1520 pics, moving isn't really a hassle. I've long been in the habit of clearing pics to desktop anyway. I have thousands of pics from my 1520 since August 2014. They need to be archived anyway.

BTW, are you shooting .dng? How are you editing them?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shelton786