How can I sync calendars?

MarkRae

Jun 20, 2016
Visit site
Syncing calendars

Desktop PC running Windows 7, Outlook 2016 installed.
Microsoft Lumia 950 mobile, UK, O2.
Windows account is @hotmail.com, used by the mobile, added as an account in Outlook 2016.

From the desktop PC, I can access the Hotmail calendar and add a new event to it, etc. This then shows up on the mobile as soon as it syncs.

However, if I then delete the same event from the mobile, it does not disappear from the Outlook calendar when viewed on the PC.

Similarly, if I add an event using the mobile, it does not appear on the desktop.

Any assistance gratefully received.

Mark

Chintan Gohel

May 23, 2014
Visit site
Re: Syncing calendars

Desktop PC running Windows 7, Outlook 2016 installed.
Microsoft Lumia 950 mobile, UK, O2.
Windows account is @hotmail.com, used by the mobile, added as an account in Outlook 2016.

From the desktop PC, I can access the Hotmail calendar and add a new event to it, etc. This then shows up on the mobile as soon as it syncs.

However, if I then delete the same event from the mobile, it does not disappear from the Outlook calendar when viewed on the PC.

Similarly, if I add an event using the mobile, it does not appear on the desktop.

Any assistance gratefully received.

Mark

when adding or deleting calendar entries, after you've done that, select sync. The app does not sync immediately the moment you make changes, it either takes time (which you've set as syncing period) or you have to do it manually

MarkRae

Jun 20, 2016
Visit site

Where is the (manual) Sync option on Outlook 2016.

Or, if you mean on the mobile, that has no effect. Even 24 hours later, the changes made to the calendar via the mobile do not show up on the desktop...

Chintan Gohel

May 23, 2014
Visit site

Where is the (manual) Sync option on Outlook 2016.

Or, if you mean on the mobile, that has no effect. Even 24 hours later, the changes made to the calendar via the mobile do not show up on the desktop...

I meant on mobile - and as you have tried it with no effect, you might have to add again your account on the phone again. Check that it's the same email account and that you the latest mail and calendar app updates

speedfrk305

Jul 10, 2016
Visit site
So, I have office 2013 on my win7 desktop tied to my live acct and I need to get the calendar to sync with my phone running WP10. Is there a setting that I'm missing on either device?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoshRos