Why am I unable to adjust the volume with the screen locked?

unuzerounu

Feb 27, 2016
Visit site
Can't adjust volume with the screen locked

As of build 14371 (I think) there are random times when I can't adjust the volume while playing music with Groove. Neither volume+ or volume- work and as soon as I unlock the screen it works. However, sometimes it will work just fine, but 7/10 times it will not allow me to change the playback volume.

By no means a deal breaker, as I'm very happy with the last few RS builds (well yeah, maybe save for battery performance, which kind of sucks a little) but I'm sure I should be able to adjust the volume with the screen off.

Any ideas, tips, similar experiences?

[lumia 640ds, running latest Redstone build)

Chintan Gohel

May 23, 2014
Visit site
Re: Can't adjust volume with the screen locked

As of build 14371 (I think) there are random times when I can't adjust the volume while playing music with Groove. Neither volume+ or volume- work and as soon as I unlock the screen it works. However, sometimes it will work just fine, but 7/10 times it will not allow me to change the playback volume.

By no means a deal breaker, as I'm very happy with the last few RS builds (well yeah, maybe save for battery performance, which kind of sucks a little) but I'm sure I should be able to adjust the volume with the screen off.

Any ideas, tips, similar experiences?

[lumia 640ds, running latest Redstone build)

check in this thread for all redstone issues: http://forums.windowscentral.com/windows-10-mobile-insider-preview/429068-2.htm#post3507050

anon(6078578)

Jun 8, 2013
Visit site
I've noticed this issue too, though on a much earlier build. I'm currently on 10586.420 but as I updated fairly recently from 318 I can't remember if I noticed it in that build first. At the moment it is working fine though, just as you yourself have experienced.

Windows Phone has had a volume bug before though in 8.1 as I remember times when the actual volume didn't change even though the displayed volume would change. Again it would seemingly happen at random.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoshRos