Offical Windows 10 Mobile for AT&T Nokia Lumia 1520

pankaj981

Jul 10, 2012
Visit site
There is an article on MSPU that the AT&T Nokia Lumia 1520 is officially receiving the Windows 10 update. There were also some Reddit posts confirming it. Can anyone still running WP8.1 confirm this?

In order to check, one has to download the Upgrade Advisor app and check for updates.

pankaj981

Jul 10, 2012
Visit site
What do you mean not install? You will have to update to 10586.107 and then to 10586.420. Enroll in Windows Insider and you should be able to install the latest Redstone builds.

John O1

Mar 11, 2015
Visit site
Thanks for the heads up, I was reluctant to install windows 10 as this is my daily driver and I've had NO problems whatsoever with 8.1. Well, with great trepidation I'm installing 10 as I type, lol. Still impressed with the fact that I have a 2 year old phone and it's STILL getting updates (I love this phone).

vadim frunza

Aug 9, 2014
Visit site
Still impressed with the fact that I have a 2 year old phone and it's STILL getting updates (I love this phone).

Yeah I love it. Pretty awesome and not only that but it still runs great. Running new ios or android on old phone would suck pretty bad and ive experienced it.

John O1

Mar 11, 2015
Visit site
Okayyyyy, I'm at "migrating your data (step 20 of 22) 0%" and it's been locked there for 15 minutes now, not a good omen, lol

update: did a soft reset, came back on at "migrating your data (step 1 of 3) 0% then bam, everything came on, looks good so far

Last edited:

MDK22

Oct 17, 2013
Visit site
Okayyyyy, I'm at "migrating your data (step 20 of 22) 0%" and it's been locked there for 15 minutes now, not a good omen, lol

update: did a soft reset, came back on at "migrating your data (step 1 of 3) 0% then bam, everything came on, looks good so far

same thing happened on mine - soft reset ...
waiting ...
then BAM, also.

fatclue_98

Retired Moderator
Apr 1, 2012
Visit site
I love how the Note 5 and S6 Edge just got Marshmallow a few days ago and people act like it's Divine Intervention from the Android Gods. The Note isn't even 1 year old yet here's the Grandpa 1520 getting some love. Raise a glass for the Icon too.

MDK22

Oct 17, 2013
Visit site
OK ... after 2 days of tweaking (& settling out), the jury is still out on this:

- still playing w Display size & (Ease of Access) scaling

- battery still seems to discharge a tad quicker, waiting it out, checking Battery Saver

- dealing w differences in WM10 (or Universal) apps - I inadvertently disabled SOUNDS for ReAlarm (better than native Alarm), Battery Saver does NOT display charge on Tile, etc

- OUTLOOK - had 2 distinct mailboxes in Win8.1 (INBOX & INBOXmisc), looking for a solution for 2 Outlook email accounts, I want them separate. (Maestro is NOT a solution).

- still exploring ... WM10 / Universal Apps, Native Apps, Settings, differences in App performance ...

hmmmmm - would really love to avoid a Hard Reset, though Backup seems more concise / complete.
Looking for Preview SLOW Ring (possibly), seems to be solid - looking for the Mobile articles (HELP, anyone).

Last edited:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Felix999