Going low on internal memory

rishabk97

Nov 4, 2013
Visit site
Hello,

Its been more than a year since I did a hard reset on my phone. The problem is now I'm running low on internal memory, with nothing in it. I've every file of mine in my SD card, but still internal keeps going low. Now, it is down to 698 MB. I've moved all the non-essential apps to the SD card too.

wp_ss_20160625_0001.png wp_ss_20160625_0002.jpg

So for performing the hard reset, I thought of making a backup first. But no matter how much I try, the backup never happens. I have tried it several times, tried soft reset, but still no luck. It shows my last backup to be 11 months old. Anyone got a clue on how to fix this?

Also, is there any way out for this low space problem other than hard reset? I would really prefer that..

Regards,
Rishab

Chintan Gohel

May 23, 2014
Visit site
Hello,

Its been more than a year since I did a hard reset on my phone. The problem is now I'm running low on internal memory, with nothing in it. I've every file of mine in my SD card, but still internal keeps going low. Now, it is down to 698 MB. I've moved all the non-essential apps to the SD card too.

View attachment 127835 View attachment 127839

So for performing the hard reset, I thought of making a backup first. But no matter how much I try, the backup never happens. I have tried it several times, tried soft reset, but still no luck. It shows my last backup to be 11 months old. Anyone got a clue on how to fix this?

Also, is there any way out for this low space problem other than hard reset? I would really prefer that..

Regards,
Rishab

for backup I suggest you do some of it manually like copying files to pc
The backup that you're trying to do is basically the account remembering which apps you had, your settings, your start layout and some app data. So in the backup, unselect one app at a time and try the backup. There might be an app that is causing the backup to fail.

My other suggestion is check the storage used by apps and see if any are using a lot. If yes, try uninstalling and then installing back.

But eventually the hard reset will become necessary as your system storage is already high.

rishabk97

Nov 4, 2013
Visit site
Also, sometimes, there is also a lag. It takes sometime to show display once I have pressed the power button. Could it too be because of this low memory problem?

aybarrap1

Feb 19, 2014
Visit site
Hard reset is probably the only way to go. Your system storage is huge. My system storage on my L520 is only 2.88GB. Even on my L640 running W10M, my system storage is only 3.18GB.

rishabk97

Nov 4, 2013
Visit site
I did a hard reset. Now my proximity sensor seems to have stopped working. The screen stays on during calls and also I'm unable to set the brightness to auto. I have tried doing a soft reset.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ailanamargarett